RG Sadness (uv realtime shots)

Tutor

RG Sadness (uv realtime shots)

My RG was replaced about 2-3 weeks ago due to freezing video ("throwing out errors", per the tech) and now I'm having the following issues:

• Wireless receivers pause or lose connection when the VOIP phone rings
  • Wifi apps (especially Airplay) perform poorly due to latency.  Following stats are from my macbook to the RG about 20 ft away while using Airplay (and about 7-8 other wireless devices connected):

--- 192.168.1.254 ping statistics ---
3755 packets transmitted, 3487 packets received, 7.1% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 1.529/130.801/14025.441/700.022 ms

Am I too far from the VRAD to expect decent bandwidth/service?  Also plenty of "krtlock" errors in the RG logs. Exactly what should I say to the Uverse tech support team?  

Thanks for everyone's help.  

gw

UV Realtime shots:

Message 1 of 6 (463 Views)
Employee

Re: RG Sadness (uv realtime shots)

What internet speed package do you have?

Bits loading graph is very clean, your max sync rate is short of 20% over profile 38.45<(32.3x1.2=38.76)
Your SN margin is poor, less than 12, way less than 15 (desired or better) due to loop length and interference (noise) or on line or part of environmental.

The cable run from NID to RG (inside wiring) direct feed? Or multiple jacks? Type of wire...quad,cat3, cat5, coax on dilpexer?
If older type of wire to be upgraded to cat5 $99 labor plus $55 wire
Possible issue may be older drop needs to be replaced...no charge

Other option, request to have profile lowered to 25, tvs will be 1SD/3HD instead of 4 HD feeds and max internet speed will be 18/1.5...no charge
Lowering profile (signal) places less demand improving SN margins to hopefully over 12.

With your current situation, low SN and low max sync overhead, any changes such as thunderstorm, interior lighting,(CF or Florescent), motors such as sump pumps, refrigerator, freezer, etc could cause errors experiencing.

Two options really, call TS and ask for profile to be lowered, and evaluate effectiveness.
Or call TS request tech visit, will be notified of possibly charges if issue is inside home, agree and see what finds.

Your distance 2000 feet is not bad, there are those on a single pair like you at 3500 with 19M profile.
Your distance should support your 32M profile with clean lines and no external interferences.
Questions is why not working properly and if inside your residence are you willing to pay to have it corrected?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (449 Views)
Tutor

I have the Supermax Plus package (18Mb), and I'd rather not give up the 4 HD feeds.  

I believe the cable run is a direc coax feed from the NID to the RG.  Excuse my ignorance here, but if I do upgrade the inside wiring from coax to cat5, would it be compatible with other cable/sat systems?  

I'll have a tech come out, as the wireless receiver reboot issue is fairly new and started since the new RG was deployed.

I'm reading that the wifi latency issue is common w/Airplay and the Uverse RG.  Thanks for the input.

gw

Message 3 of 6 (398 Views)
Community Support

Hello gregwlsn,

They should keep the existing coax cable there, so if any other company needs to use it, or even if we still need it to connect a few TVs, it is still available. But definitely let us know how the technician visit goes, and if any other issues come up. If you need any assistance scheduling a technician, you can reach out to us here, and we would be glad to help.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (365 Views)
Tutor

Me again. One hour and one $200 wireless router later, my latency and krtlock errors are gone. Uverse needs a router that can handle modern audio/video streaming loads. Maybe. Thanks, everyone.
Message 5 of 6 (345 Views)
Community Support

Thank you for keeping us posted gregwlsn. I am glad you were able to get everything working. If you do need any further assistance, we are just one click away Smiley Happy

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6 (300 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.