Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 4, 2014
11:12:57 AM
RG 510 Bridge-mode only?

How do I forward the external IP address to one of the gateway ports, thereby disabling routing/nat/dhcp/wifi functions of the RG510 itself and essentially using it as a modem only?

How do I forward the external IP address to one of the gateway ports, thereby disabling routing/nat/dhcp/wifi functions of the RG510 itself and essentially using it as a modem only?

RG 510 Bridge-mode only?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 1:02:55 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @adrenaline1 ,

You can do it through putting the device in passthrough mode on the NVG510. Here is a post from frostcall.

NVG589 Bridge Mode

It is for an NVG589 but the GUI is similar enough so the instructions are still the same.

Hope this helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @adrenaline1 ,

You can do it through putting the device in passthrough mode on the NVG510. Here is a post from frostcall.

NVG589 Bridge Mode

It is for an NVG589 but the GUI is similar enough so the instructions are still the same.

Hope this helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: RG 510 Bridge-mode only?

2 of 2 (171 Views)