Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 28, 2013
5:41:23 PM
Questions about internet-only install

Greetings,

I am trying to switch from COX to U-verse internet only. I got from equipment today and noticed that a phone jack was required. I've had digital phone from COX annd hence have never had to use the phone jacks at home. When i checked, none of the phone jacks had a dial tone.  Tech-support told me this *might not* be an issue and asked me to try the install. Sure enough, install failed on all the phone jacks (connected green data cable to phone jack, power-on, waited for 15  mins or so and broadband connections stays flickering red)

Did some searching on this forum, and went out and checked my phone box (I believe what i have is not an NID, but a protection block ? There are no visible phone jacks that I can plug a phone into and check for a dial-tone. Besides, even if this was the case, unsure if this will only work with POTS or with digital phone service as well ?)

Right next to phone box is the COX connection box. Right now, all i see is the cable from COX connected to the coax wiring inside the house. The "phone cable" from the street has 2 wires Y and B connected to the Y and B running into the house, but the G & R from the wires going into the house are unconnected to the G & R from  the street. There is a thick copper wire with black insualtion (ground ?) connected between the telephone wire from street and the COX coax cable (

Questions:

(a) Where/how do i check to see that I have a working signal from AT&T

(b) If there is a signal  at the "phone box", would i simply need the R & G wires from the cable going inside the house to be connected to the R & G wires coming from the cable in the street, or is there more to this ?

(c) Even if i could get the install to work, the physical location of phone jacks in house is very inconvenient. Is it possible to connect the AT&T wires to the coax cable that runs into the house (that COX is currently connected to) and terminate the coax cable in a "phone jack". If so, what should i be looking to buy ?

Can post more images if that will help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Greetings,

I am trying to switch from COX to U-verse internet only. I got from equipment today and noticed that a phone jack was required. I've had digital phone from COX annd hence have never had to use the phone jacks at home. When i checked, none of the phone jacks had a dial tone.  Tech-support told me this *might not* be an issue and asked me to try the install. Sure enough, install failed on all the phone jacks (connected green data cable to phone jack, power-on, waited for 15  mins or so and broadband connections stays flickering red)

Did some searching on this forum, and went out and checked my phone box (I believe what i have is not an NID, but a protection block ? There are no visible phone jacks that I can plug a phone into and check for a dial-tone. Besides, even if this was the case, unsure if this will only work with POTS or with digital phone service as well ?)

Right next to phone box is the COX connection box. Right now, all i see is the cable from COX connected to the coax wiring inside the house. The "phone cable" from the street has 2 wires Y and B connected to the Y and B running into the house, but the G & R from the wires going into the house are unconnected to the G & R from  the street. There is a thick copper wire with black insualtion (ground ?) connected between the telephone wire from street and the COX coax cable (

Questions:

(a) Where/how do i check to see that I have a working signal from AT&T

(b) If there is a signal  at the "phone box", would i simply need the R & G wires from the cable going inside the house to be connected to the R & G wires coming from the cable in the street, or is there more to this ?

(c) Even if i could get the install to work, the physical location of phone jacks in house is very inconvenient. Is it possible to connect the AT&T wires to the coax cable that runs into the house (that COX is currently connected to) and terminate the coax cable in a "phone jack". If so, what should i be looking to buy ?

Can post more images if that will help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Questions about internet-only install

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 6:18:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
SridharS -
The signal can be found on the R&G on the connecting block. NO dial tone, so you need to use the modem. You are connecting the modem with an rj-11 terminated cord? So, get one of these - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3704747&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_source=C... & wire it to the R&G on the connecting block. You will then plug-in the modem & verify service to the house,
2) to get it in the house you can connect the the R&G on the existing wiring. The two complications are - You want the wire to ONLY go to the jack where the modem will be & you do not like where the jack is. So, you could run a different wire. Get cat-3 or cat-5 wire & use the jack block you used to test with. Do not use the COAX. If the coax is loose in the wall you could use it to pull a new wire through. But, do not connect to it.
SridharS -
The signal can be found on the R&G on the connecting block. NO dial tone, so you need to use the modem. You are connecting the modem with an rj-11 terminated cord? So, get one of these - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3704747&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_source=CAT&znt_medium=RSCOM&znt_content=CT2032077 & wire it to the R&G on the connecting block. You will then plug-in the modem & verify service to the house,
2) to get it in the house you can connect the the R&G on the existing wiring. The two complications are - You want the wire to ONLY go to the jack where the modem will be & you do not like where the jack is. So, you could run a different wire. Get cat-3 or cat-5 wire & use the jack block you used to test with. Do not use the COAX. If the coax is loose in the wall you could use it to pull a new wire through. But, do not connect to it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Questions about internet-only install

2 of 13 (1,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 7:48:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

- thank you very much for responding so promptly. I am technically illiterate so please bear with me. 

>> modem with an rj-11 terminated cord?

Not sure. Is this what the terminating end of the green "data cable" is ? Right now, i can plug the green cord into a the wall-mounted phone jacks in my house and hear a click. Can I simply pull one of these out and wire to the R&G in the telephone box ? Wouldn't it also be easier to simply connect the R&G on the existing wiring (or is the purpose of this exercise to eliminate possible faulty home wiring ?)

>> to get it in the house you can connect the the R&G on the existing wiring. The two complications are - You want the wire to ONLY go to the jack where the modem will be & you do not like where the jack is.

When you say ONLY to the jack where the modem is, what does that mean ? Does this mean the R&G from the street can't simply be wired to the R&G going into the house. If all i see is one set of wires going from the phone box inside the house, but there are n > 1 phone jacks, this means the wires go through some sort of a splitter, right ? And if the wiring is not faulty, the modem should work on any phone jack inside ?

Lastly, how does the "don't use coax" compare with the information (that I just stumbled upon) here that talks about using existing coax

> http://forums.att.com/t5/Setup-and-Self-Install/UVerse-cable-connection/m-p/3405193

Warm regards and lots of thanks,

Sridhar.

- thank you very much for responding so promptly. I am technically illiterate so please bear with me. 

>> modem with an rj-11 terminated cord?

Not sure. Is this what the terminating end of the green "data cable" is ? Right now, i can plug the green cord into a the wall-mounted phone jacks in my house and hear a click. Can I simply pull one of these out and wire to the R&G in the telephone box ? Wouldn't it also be easier to simply connect the R&G on the existing wiring (or is the purpose of this exercise to eliminate possible faulty home wiring ?)

>> to get it in the house you can connect the the R&G on the existing wiring. The two complications are - You want the wire to ONLY go to the jack where the modem will be & you do not like where the jack is.

When you say ONLY to the jack where the modem is, what does that mean ? Does this mean the R&G from the street can't simply be wired to the R&G going into the house. If all i see is one set of wires going from the phone box inside the house, but there are n > 1 phone jacks, this means the wires go through some sort of a splitter, right ? And if the wiring is not faulty, the modem should work on any phone jack inside ?

Lastly, how does the "don't use coax" compare with the information (that I just stumbled upon) here that talks about using existing coax

> http://forums.att.com/t5/Setup-and-Self-Install/UVerse-cable-connection/m-p/3405193

Warm regards and lots of thanks,

Sridhar.

3 of 13 (1,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 10:08:02 PM
(0)
Employee
Answers
A) at NID protector ( ceramic or gel ) wire may go to a splitter with R/G posts and Y/B posts. Cut end of short phone cord attach blue wire to red, b/w wire to green, plug other side of cord into modem apply power, in about 5 minutes broadband/service lights green, if not green connection issues.
B) if modem goes green in step A, then remove cord, attach inside wiring to red to red, green to green plug modem into wall jack and see if modem comes up
C) if need to move wiring and jack probably easier to buy new cat 5 wire, jack, wall plate than to try to reuse older cable.

Recommendation: call ATT support request tech visit for failed self install ($99 charge) let tech deal with nid, run new wire to desired location, jack and verify everything working. Internet only install or internet and voip have no dial tone only POTS (plain old tele service) has a daily tone. Truthfully if you do not have pots and or DSL should not even attempt self install just pay to have it done right the first time and save your time and frustration.
Answers
A) at NID protector ( ceramic or gel ) wire may go to a splitter with R/G posts and Y/B posts. Cut end of short phone cord attach blue wire to red, b/w wire to green, plug other side of cord into modem apply power, in about 5 minutes broadband/service lights green, if not green connection issues.
B) if modem goes green in step A, then remove cord, attach inside wiring to red to red, green to green plug modem into wall jack and see if modem comes up
C) if need to move wiring and jack probably easier to buy new cat 5 wire, jack, wall plate than to try to reuse older cable.

Recommendation: call ATT support request tech visit for failed self install ($99 charge) let tech deal with nid, run new wire to desired location, jack and verify everything working. Internet only install or internet and voip have no dial tone only POTS (plain old tele service) has a daily tone. Truthfully if you do not have pots and or DSL should not even attempt self install just pay to have it done right the first time and save your time and frustration.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 13 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 4:52:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
SridharS - Well, you had me fooled. You said more than you think you know.

Yes- Rj-11 is std tel jack on the end of the green cord. yes, you could try it in the house first. I was just taking it a step at a time. I think you asked how to be sure it was getting to the house, If you do the in-house first you are adding the in-house complications up front. You can do it either way.

in-house wiring for std tel jacks can be multipled by connecting in daisy chain or in parallel - just tied together or at a bunching block. All that should be eliminated. One wire to one jack for u-verse.

There are two things that are not obvious to you in the COAX thread that you reference - the installer added a special connection in the NID to match the COAX & used a modem with a COAX connection - both ends designed to match the electromagnetic properties of the COAX. You cannot do that. You want use raw wire that creates a mismatch with the termination probably causing a problem.

Post 4 & the COAX thread show that there is a lot flexibility & possibility in the connectivity. Just remember - keep it simple & make sure there is a connection at the copper level. Just connecting the wires outside the insulation will not work.

The Rj-11 plug clicks into the jack = you need to squeeze it to release it. Also, I recommended the jack box instead of cutting the end off the cable & wiring the strands because I think it is easier to be sure to select the right wires & easier to work with those wires.
SridharS - Well, you had me fooled. You said more than you think you know.

Yes- Rj-11 is std tel jack on the end of the green cord. yes, you could try it in the house first. I was just taking it a step at a time. I think you asked how to be sure it was getting to the house, If you do the in-house first you are adding the in-house complications up front. You can do it either way.

in-house wiring for std tel jacks can be multipled by connecting in daisy chain or in parallel - just tied together or at a bunching block. All that should be eliminated. One wire to one jack for u-verse.

There are two things that are not obvious to you in the COAX thread that you reference - the installer added a special connection in the NID to match the COAX & used a modem with a COAX connection - both ends designed to match the electromagnetic properties of the COAX. You cannot do that. You want use raw wire that creates a mismatch with the termination probably causing a problem.

Post 4 & the COAX thread show that there is a lot flexibility & possibility in the connectivity. Just remember - keep it simple & make sure there is a connection at the copper level. Just connecting the wires outside the insulation will not work.

The Rj-11 plug clicks into the jack = you need to squeeze it to release it. Also, I recommended the jack box instead of cutting the end off the cable & wiring the strands because I think it is easier to be sure to select the right wires & easier to work with those wires.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 13 (1,114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 11:08:39 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by SridharS on Jun 29, 2013 at 11:30:31 AM

mythoughts: thank you so much for responding

>A) at NID protector ( ceramic or gel ) wire may go to a splitter with R/G posts and Y/B posts. Cut end of short phone cord attach blue wire to red, b/w wire to green, plug other side of cord into modem apply power, in about 5 minutes broadband/service lights green, if not green connection issues.

I'll try this, but with the jack box that aviewer suggested rather than cutting the phone cord..

> B) if modem goes green in step A, then remove cord, attach inside wiring to red to red, green to green plug modem

into wall jack and see if modem comes up

Assuming that step A works, i still know B) will fail becaause i tried B first :-( Did not work on any of the jacks. If Step A) fails, can i safely assume that this is an AT&T issue that they are required to fix ? Makes me wonder why i bothered with the switch, actually i know, see note  below..

> Recommendation: call ATT support request tech visit for failed self install ($99 charge) let tech deal with nid, run new wire to desired location, jack and verify everything working. Internet only install or internet and voip have no dial tone only POTS (plain old tele service) has a daily tone. Truthfully if you do not have pots and or DSL should not even attempt self install just pay to have it done right the first time and save your time and frustration.

I would have, except i am a penny-pincher, and the only reason we decided to switch (despite never having any problems with COX) is the lower monthly cost. Adding 50$ for activation and 100$ for the modem might still make this worthwhile (over a > 1 yr period), but tack on an extra 100$ and I am beginning to have doubts about the merits of the switch..

Regards

Sridhar.

mythoughts: thank you so much for responding

>A) at NID protector ( ceramic or gel ) wire may go to a splitter with R/G posts and Y/B posts. Cut end of short phone cord attach blue wire to red, b/w wire to green, plug other side of cord into modem apply power, in about 5 minutes broadband/service lights green, if not green connection issues.

I'll try this, but with the jack box that aviewer suggested rather than cutting the phone cord..

> B) if modem goes green in step A, then remove cord, attach inside wiring to red to red, green to green plug modem

into wall jack and see if modem comes up

Assuming that step A works, i still know B) will fail becaause i tried B first :-( Did not work on any of the jacks. If Step A) fails, can i safely assume that this is an AT&T issue that they are required to fix ? Makes me wonder why i bothered with the switch, actually i know, see note  below..

> Recommendation: call ATT support request tech visit for failed self install ($99 charge) let tech deal with nid, run new wire to desired location, jack and verify everything working. Internet only install or internet and voip have no dial tone only POTS (plain old tele service) has a daily tone. Truthfully if you do not have pots and or DSL should not even attempt self install just pay to have it done right the first time and save your time and frustration.

I would have, except i am a penny-pincher, and the only reason we decided to switch (despite never having any problems with COX) is the lower monthly cost. Adding 50$ for activation and 100$ for the modem might still make this worthwhile (over a > 1 yr period), but tack on an extra 100$ and I am beginning to have doubts about the merits of the switch..

Regards

Sridhar.

[ Edited ]
6 of 13 (1,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 11:29:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by SridharS on Jun 29, 2013 at 1:14:19 PM

namaste aviewer

> SridharS - Well, you had me fooled. You said more than you think you know.

:-) Blame google for this, it allows ignoramuses like me to try to appear smarter than we are ! My father still won't trust me with replacing a light bulb !

> Yes- Rj-11 is std tel jack on the end of the green cord. yes, you could try it in the house first. I was just taking it a step at a time.

Did not work in any of the phone-jacks inside. I did wire the R to R and G to G in the protector block before i tried using the phone jacks inside.

> There are two things that are not obvious to you in the COAX thread that you reference - the installer added a special connection in the NID to match the COAX & used a modem with a COAX connection - both ends designed to match the electromagnetic properties of the COAX. You cannot do that.

I did read about the baluns before my first post even. My initial idea (before I posted here) was to check if i could still use the coax cable that runs into every room in my house, very convenient to place the modem anywhere i want and not be restricted to  where the phone jacks are,  etc etc. So i simply googled "coax to  RJ". Then i did more reading and seemed to think that this was not possible with AT&T U-verse. Then i stumbled upon the coax thread which for the first time suggested this was technically possible . Is this still an option ? One at the phone box end to convert the RJ  to coax, and a second one where the modem will be located to switch from coax back to RJ to plug into my RJ-using (for lack of not knowing the correct technical term) modem ? Of course, i see another option is a modem that has a coax connector, i didn't even know i had an option.. I should have checked all of this before ordering the equipment, not after :-(

Regards,

Sridhar.

Update 1 hr later (at 1pm roughly): I wired a telephone jack to R & G in the telephone box, connected the green "data cable" between the jack and modem, powered up, and red broadband light was still blinking red after 25 mins. Before i call the tech-support and ask to send a technician, should i also rewire the R&G wires in the jack to B&Y from the street cable just to make sure? In other words, is it even possible that of the 2 pairs coming from the street, only one might carry the AT&T signal, and that one is B&Y ? If so, the wiring would be G (from jack) to B and R to Y ?

namaste aviewer

> SridharS - Well, you had me fooled. You said more than you think you know.

:-) Blame google for this, it allows ignoramuses like me to try to appear smarter than we are ! My father still won't trust me with replacing a light bulb !

> Yes- Rj-11 is std tel jack on the end of the green cord. yes, you could try it in the house first. I was just taking it a step at a time.

Did not work in any of the phone-jacks inside. I did wire the R to R and G to G in the protector block before i tried using the phone jacks inside.

> There are two things that are not obvious to you in the COAX thread that you reference - the installer added a special connection in the NID to match the COAX & used a modem with a COAX connection - both ends designed to match the electromagnetic properties of the COAX. You cannot do that.

I did read about the baluns before my first post even. My initial idea (before I posted here) was to check if i could still use the coax cable that runs into every room in my house, very convenient to place the modem anywhere i want and not be restricted to  where the phone jacks are,  etc etc. So i simply googled "coax to  RJ". Then i did more reading and seemed to think that this was not possible with AT&T U-verse. Then i stumbled upon the coax thread which for the first time suggested this was technically possible . Is this still an option ? One at the phone box end to convert the RJ  to coax, and a second one where the modem will be located to switch from coax back to RJ to plug into my RJ-using (for lack of not knowing the correct technical term) modem ? Of course, i see another option is a modem that has a coax connector, i didn't even know i had an option.. I should have checked all of this before ordering the equipment, not after :-(

Regards,

Sridhar.

Update 1 hr later (at 1pm roughly): I wired a telephone jack to R & G in the telephone box, connected the green "data cable" between the jack and modem, powered up, and red broadband light was still blinking red after 25 mins. Before i call the tech-support and ask to send a technician, should i also rewire the R&G wires in the jack to B&Y from the street cable just to make sure? In other words, is it even possible that of the 2 pairs coming from the street, only one might carry the AT&T signal, and that one is B&Y ? If so, the wiring would be G (from jack) to B and R to Y ?

[ Edited ]
7 of 13 (1,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 4:01:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
SridharS -
Re: Update 1 hr later (at 1pm roughly): I wired a telephone jack to R & G in the telephone box, connected the green "data cable" between the jack and modem, powered up, and red broadband light was still blinking red after 25 mins. Before i call the tech-support and ask to send a technician, should i also rewire the R&G wires in the jack to B&Y from the street cable just to make sure? In other words, is it even possible that of the 2 pairs coming from the street, only one might carry the AT&T signal, and that one is B&Y ? If so, the wiring would be G (from jack) to B and R to Y ?

No - keep inside and outside separate for now because inside is still unknown & inside triggers charges. Also, send a tech triggers charges. Do not say that.

Connect the modem to the outside red/green & power up & call & say you cannot synch please test. They may even be able to get it going remotely. Or, they decide to send a tech to get the connection that you have access to working.

After you have it working outside. connect that outside termination to the red/green inside - because red/green should put the signal on the inside pins on the jack. Then you can try it on the inside jack. If it does not work then, you have to go back to where the wire comes into the house & physically find out where it goes & how it connects.

Good luck & let us know how it goes.
SridharS -
Re: Update 1 hr later (at 1pm roughly): I wired a telephone jack to R & G in the telephone box, connected the green "data cable" between the jack and modem, powered up, and red broadband light was still blinking red after 25 mins. Before i call the tech-support and ask to send a technician, should i also rewire the R&G wires in the jack to B&Y from the street cable just to make sure? In other words, is it even possible that of the 2 pairs coming from the street, only one might carry the AT&T signal, and that one is B&Y ? If so, the wiring would be G (from jack) to B and R to Y ?

No - keep inside and outside separate for now because inside is still unknown & inside triggers charges. Also, send a tech triggers charges. Do not say that.

Connect the modem to the outside red/green & power up & call & say you cannot synch please test. They may even be able to get it going remotely. Or, they decide to send a tech to get the connection that you have access to working.

After you have it working outside. connect that outside termination to the red/green inside - because red/green should put the signal on the inside pins on the jack. Then you can try it on the inside jack. If it does not work then, you have to go back to where the wire comes into the house & physically find out where it goes & how it connects.

Good luck & let us know how it goes.

8 of 13 (1,035 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 4:16:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

aviewer -

Thanks very much again.

> No - keep inside and outside separate for now because inside is still unknown & inside triggers charges.

This is unclear. I'm not planning on doing anything inside. Sorry if my question was unclear. At the phone box (in the yard), modem connected to R&G failed. Should i also  try with the modem connected to B&Y (still outside only) instead of R&G ?

I am not particularly concerned about the inside yet. If the outside connection (at phone box) works, i've decided to add a wire from the box to the room where i want the modem. I know there are possibly (?) some code restrictions on how wiring needs to be for the elements (unsure) but i'll cross that bridge when i get to it :-)

Thanks again and again for helping. It is very kind of you to do so.

Regards,

Sridhar.

aviewer -

Thanks very much again.

> No - keep inside and outside separate for now because inside is still unknown & inside triggers charges.

This is unclear. I'm not planning on doing anything inside. Sorry if my question was unclear. At the phone box (in the yard), modem connected to R&G failed. Should i also  try with the modem connected to B&Y (still outside only) instead of R&G ?

I am not particularly concerned about the inside yet. If the outside connection (at phone box) works, i've decided to add a wire from the box to the room where i want the modem. I know there are possibly (?) some code restrictions on how wiring needs to be for the elements (unsure) but i'll cross that bridge when i get to it :-)

Thanks again and again for helping. It is very kind of you to do so.

Regards,

Sridhar.

9 of 13 (1,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 4:54:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
SridharS - I guess I read your post wrong - I thought you suggested connecting inside before calling.

If you have another connection (B&Y) you can try it. If it does not work you will have to call in.

Once you you know where to comnect, your plan for inside sounds good.

When talking to the tech let them decide that a tech visit is necessary.
SridharS - I guess I read your post wrong - I thought you suggested connecting inside before calling.

If you have another connection (B&Y) you can try it. If it does not work you will have to call in.

Once you you know where to comnect, your plan for inside sounds good.

When talking to the tech let them decide that a tech visit is necessary.

10 of 13 (1,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 8:28:15 PM
(0)
Employee
A tech visit to verify outside service is nonbillable, be aware that support will inform you that if problem is inside a charge will apply.
In short tech visit no sync to NID problem will be resolved, if sync at NID is found then $99 charge and may as well have them do it all. How much is your time worth, with hours troubleshooting, posting already the full tech install on order would have been $149, CSI charge of $50, so the tech assist charge is balance (149-50=99). Penny pinching I understand, time wasted can not be regained, I own a home on a small lot by design, I did not want to be on my death bed and think about how time I spend maintain my yard, I have friends who spend 3-5 hours per week on yard work....no thanks. For service I am paying for want it to work, cost a little more that's OK. Do you do your own oil changes and brake work, how about fixing the furnace or ac., seeing a doctor or dentist. Those with skills I do not possess I pay for same as I expect to be paid for the skills I have and use to support my family.
A tech visit to verify outside service is nonbillable, be aware that support will inform you that if problem is inside a charge will apply.
In short tech visit no sync to NID problem will be resolved, if sync at NID is found then $99 charge and may as well have them do it all. How much is your time worth, with hours troubleshooting, posting already the full tech install on order would have been $149, CSI charge of $50, so the tech assist charge is balance (149-50=99). Penny pinching I understand, time wasted can not be regained, I own a home on a small lot by design, I did not want to be on my death bed and think about how time I spend maintain my yard, I have friends who spend 3-5 hours per week on yard work....no thanks. For service I am paying for want it to work, cost a little more that's OK. Do you do your own oil changes and brake work, how about fixing the furnace or ac., seeing a doctor or dentist. Those with skills I do not possess I pay for same as I expect to be paid for the skills I have and use to support my family.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 13 (989 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 10:05:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you all for helping with this ! I've called today and was told a technician would be out. I believe this is now resolved :-)

Thank you all for helping with this ! I've called today and was told a technician would be out. I believe this is now resolved :-)

12 of 13 (932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 4:12:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
SridharS - Hold on - You do not get to brush us off that easily. You are obligated to post what happens with the tech. If you ask for help you must follow through to the end & report the technical solution.

The " I believe this is now resolved :-)" brush off does not work here.
SridharS - Hold on - You do not get to brush us off that easily. You are obligated to post what happens with the tech. If you ask for help you must follow through to the end & report the technical solution.

The " I believe this is now resolved :-)" brush off does not work here.

13 of 13 (916 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments