Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 11, 2008
12:42:00 PM
Question with Wii and internet
We just got Uverse and we can't figure out how to connect Wii to the internet. Before we got uverse we could connect wii to the internet now we have no idea how to do that. Anyone know how? Please step by step instructions would be great. Thank you
We just got Uverse and we can't figure out how to connect Wii to the internet. Before we got uverse we could connect wii to the internet now we have no idea how to do that. Anyone know how? Please step by step instructions would be great. Thank you

Question with Wii and internet

15 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2008 12:44:55 PM
(0)
Guru
I'm leaving in a few minutes so can't make this too detailed :smileysad: But you should be able to get a CAT5 (ethernet) wire from the back of the RG (residential gateway) and connect it to your Wii. You may need to open up some ports to be able to play online, though, for which you'll need to log in to your router. I don't have U-Verse yet so can't point you to the exact place you would need to go to do that though :smileysad: Someone else should be able to give you a more detailed answer.
I'm leaving in a few minutes so can't make this too detailed :smileysad: But you should be able to get a CAT5 (ethernet) wire from the back of the RG (residential gateway) and connect it to your Wii. You may need to open up some ports to be able to play online, though, for which you'll need to log in to your router. I don't have U-Verse yet so can't point you to the exact place you would need to go to do that though :smileysad: Someone else should be able to give you a more detailed answer.

Re: Question with Wii and internet

2 of 16 (4,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2008 1:06:55 PM
(0)
Professor
I can't help you on how to connect your Wii as I don't have one (uturn does though :smileywink:) but I do know it does not have an onboard Ethernet port, you need a USB adapter to get that.
I can't help you on how to connect your Wii as I don't have one (uturn does though :smileywink:) but I do know it does not have an onboard Ethernet port, you need a USB adapter to get that.

3 of 16 (4,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

4 of 16 (4,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2008 2:21:41 PM
(0)
Professor
Ok. I'm going off of my head right now, so the names may not be accurate but here's how:

1. Go to the settings>Internet>Connection Settings.
2. Pick an empty slot and search for an access point.
3. Click on your router when it comes up (it will be 2Wire###).
4. Enter the password (it is on the label at the side of the gateway).
5. It then should test the settings. If it is successful, then you are fine. If not then post the error code.
Ok. I'm going off of my head right now, so the names may not be accurate but here's how:

1. Go to the settings>Internet>Connection Settings.
2. Pick an empty slot and search for an access point.
3. Click on your router when it comes up (it will be 2Wire###).
4. Enter the password (it is on the label at the side of the gateway).
5. It then should test the settings. If it is successful, then you are fine. If not then post the error code.

5 of 16 (4,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2008 1:16:51 PM
(0)
Teacher
It's not working. I get error code 51330. Whatever that means.

6 of 16 (4,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2008 4:20:20 PM
(0)
Master

TMWilson7196 wrote:

Message Edited by randyl on 01-12-2008 06:21 PM

TMWilson7196 wrote:

Message Edited by randyl on 01-12-2008 06:21 PM

7 of 16 (4,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2008 7:21:35 AM
(0)
Professor
That means that is was unable to connect. (Here is Nintendo's support page about it.)

One thing forgot to mention. It asks you what type of wireless encyption you have (ie, WEP, WPA etc). Do you know if you chose the right one? To find out what type you have, go to this page and look at what it says under Wireless Security. Also, make sure you are entering the right password. There are 2 at the side of the gateway. One is for the web interface and the other is for the wireless.

Let me know if choosing the correct wireless type work.

Message Edited by Uturnaroun on 01-13-2008 10:21 AM
That means that is was unable to connect. (Here is Nintendo's support page about it.)

One thing forgot to mention. It asks you what type of wireless encyption you have (ie, WEP, WPA etc). Do you know if you chose the right one? To find out what type you have, go to this page and look at what it says under Wireless Security. Also, make sure you are entering the right password. There are 2 at the side of the gateway. One is for the web interface and the other is for the wireless.

Let me know if choosing the correct wireless type work.

Message Edited by Uturnaroun on 01-13-2008 10:21 AM

8 of 16 (4,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2008 1:16:57 PM
(0)
Professor
Shouldn't be too hard to do this, people connect Wii's wirelessly to the RG all the time...  Were you able to get it connected?  If not, you could try to call tech support at 1-800-ATT-2020 and let them have a go at it, although I don't think they really support Wii...lol  =)

Shouldn't be too hard to do this, people connect Wii's wirelessly to the RG all the time...  Were you able to get it connected?  If not, you could try to call tech support at 1-800-ATT-2020 and let them have a go at it, although I don't think they really support Wii...lol  =)

9 of 16 (4,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2008 1:31:17 PM
(0)
Professor
If you call Nintendo, they can walk you through the connecting.
If you call Nintendo, they can walk you through the connecting.

10 of 16 (4,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2008 1:23:07 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you Uturnaroun. I went to that link you sent me and found what I needed. Now my Wii is able to use the internet. My husband thanks you too. He was having a fit not being able to use the internet on his Wii.
Thank you Uturnaroun. I went to that link you sent me and found what I needed. Now my Wii is able to use the internet. My husband thanks you too. He was having a fit not being able to use the internet on his Wii.

11 of 16 (3,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2008 4:33:38 PM
(0)
Professor
No problem. So what did you have to do to get it working?
No problem. So what did you have to do to get it working?

12 of 16 (3,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2008 3:07:01 PM
(0)
Teacher
He had the wrong wireless encyption. He had WEP instead of WPA something or other. Once I changed it from WEP to WPA it worked great.
He had the wrong wireless encyption. He had WEP instead of WPA something or other. Once I changed it from WEP to WPA it worked great.

13 of 16 (3,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2009 6:48:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just got the Wii and I had trouble getting it online at first.  I got the 32007 error code when I first tried to update the system.  I then changed my wireless settings on the Gateway.  To get to the area on the Gateway to change the settings do the following:

-Login to your Gateway by going to Internet Explorer and typing in the IP address that is on the label on the Gateway. (mine was 192.168.1.254)

-Click on the "Home Network" icon at the top once logged in.

-Then Click the blue link that says "Wireless Settings"

-Enable SSID broadcast (this just broadcasts your network name)

-Then check the box to enable wireless security

-In that same area change the authentication to "WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK"

-Set a password at least 10 characters long

Now go to the Wii and navigate to the area in the settings where you enter all of the internet information for the Wii and make the settings match the above.  Read the directions that came with the system to get there.

As soon as I did this it worked no problem...

Hope this helps.

I just got the Wii and I had trouble getting it online at first.  I got the 32007 error code when I first tried to update the system.  I then changed my wireless settings on the Gateway.  To get to the area on the Gateway to change the settings do the following:

-Login to your Gateway by going to Internet Explorer and typing in the IP address that is on the label on the Gateway. (mine was 192.168.1.254)

-Click on the "Home Network" icon at the top once logged in.

-Then Click the blue link that says "Wireless Settings"

-Enable SSID broadcast (this just broadcasts your network name)

-Then check the box to enable wireless security

-In that same area change the authentication to "WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK"

-Set a password at least 10 characters long

Now go to the Wii and navigate to the area in the settings where you enter all of the internet information for the Wii and make the settings match the above.  Read the directions that came with the system to get there.

As soon as I did this it worked no problem...

Hope this helps.

14 of 16 (3,879 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2013 8:08:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

on wii menu,  wii settings,  internet,  clear old settings,  search for access point,  click on 2WIREXXX (all caps, your server# for the XXX), enter your "wireless network key" (several #s located on a stcker on the side of your uverse router - the big grey box).  DONE!!!

TMWilson7196 wrote:

on wii menu,  wii settings,  internet,  clear old settings,  search for access point,  click on 2WIREXXX (all caps, your server# for the XXX), enter your "wireless network key" (several #s located on a stcker on the side of your uverse router - the big grey box).  DONE!!!

TMWilson7196 wrote:

15 of 16 (3,553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 4:34:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU THANK YOUSmiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Very Happy I can finally use the internet and log on to Netflix by using this thread!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy!!! I have been trying for 2 weeks!! Thanks everyone!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU THANK YOUSmiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Very Happy I can finally use the internet and log on to Netflix by using this thread!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy!!! I have been trying for 2 weeks!! Thanks everyone!!

16 of 16 (3,185 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments