Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 1, 2014
11:34:28 AM
View profile
Qs regarding uverse installation

When you have uverse install at your home, does the technician run cables inside walls ?

I ask because i want to run cables inside walls and i dont want any loose cables.

Could it depend on the tech guy?

[IM MOVING TO A NEW HOME PRETTY SOON]

Please let me know

When you have uverse install at your home, does the technician run cables inside walls ?

I ask because i want to run cables inside walls and i dont want any loose cables.

Could it depend on the tech guy?

[IM MOVING TO A NEW HOME PRETTY SOON]

Please let me know

Qs regarding uverse installation

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 12:01:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Typically no.  They will only do cabling around the outside of the house and then do a penetration thru to the inside once where it's needed.

With that said, a friend of mine had U-verse installed and they did drop all of his walls with new Cat 5e cabling from his attic.  This was back in 2008 or so.  When I had mine installed 4 months later the tech refused to do any in wall drops, plus he was on the heavy side and would not have fit in my attic access.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Typically no.  They will only do cabling around the outside of the house and then do a penetration thru to the inside once where it's needed.

With that said, a friend of mine had U-verse installed and they did drop all of his walls with new Cat 5e cabling from his attic.  This was back in 2008 or so.  When I had mine installed 4 months later the tech refused to do any in wall drops, plus he was on the heavy side and would not have fit in my attic access.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Qs regarding uverse installation

2 of 4 (295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 12:53:40 PM
(0)
Employee
Wall fish is $20 per fish, not included in normal installation. You need to specifically request, notified of charges and sign pre ticket charges before work is done. Refusal to sign, work not to be done.

That said depending on order, RG needs to be hardwired, place at location where DVR to be located. Install DVR on 6 to 9 foot premade Ethernet cable. $49 for each wireless receiver (maximum 2).

If moving soon, same market take equipment with, better to spend money on you than wall fishes that stay with address.

Wall fish is $20 per fish, not included in normal installation. You need to specifically request, notified of charges and sign pre ticket charges before work is done. Refusal to sign, work not to be done.

That said depending on order, RG needs to be hardwired, place at location where DVR to be located. Install DVR on 6 to 9 foot premade Ethernet cable. $49 for each wireless receiver (maximum 2).

If moving soon, same market take equipment with, better to spend money on you than wall fishes that stay with address.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 5:37:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I had my installation done last year and they did 1 wall drop for me.  With wireless recievers they don't have to do that now. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I had my installation done last year and they did 1 wall drop for me.  With wireless recievers they don't have to do that now. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (233 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments