Promo rate not honored?

Highlighted
Contributor

Promo rate not honored?

My DSL was failing so I called and was offered the upgrade to UVerse.  After discussing availability in my area & rates, I was offered a $30.95 per month rate for the first 12 months (from the $41.00 I had paid in the past.) I agreed to this rate and scheduled the install.  After a missed installation appointment & a reschedule we were finally back up & running.  I received my bill the other day and noticed that I was billed $42.37.  Clearly that is NOT $30.95.  Can I expect to see an adjustment on my next bill?

Message 1 of 4 (372 Views)
Employee

Re: Promo rate not honored?

Thank you for posting, which RG was installed?
Did you purchase the RG ($100)?

I suspect you have either a 3800 or 3801 RG, these are both leased units at $6 per month.
If this is true then $30.95+$6+taxes probably equals your $42.37 bill.

If desire not to have month lease (rental) fee you may call and purchase an RG the 3600 to replace the 3800,
Or order a 5031 to replace the 3801, agaon these are purchased $100 RG shipped to you direct, yu swap units,
Have 21 calendar days to return original RG via UPS. Please retain receipt from UPS if issues arise.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (368 Views)
ACE - Expert

nifer1214 wrote:

My DSL was failing so I called and was offered the upgrade to UVerse.  After discussing availability in my area & rates, I was offered a $30.95 per month rate for the first 12 months (from the $41.00 I had paid in the past.) I agreed to this rate and scheduled the install.  After a missed installation appointment & a reschedule we were finally back up & running.  I received my bill the other day and noticed that I was billed $42.37.  Clearly that is NOT $30.95.  Can I expect to see an adjustment on my next bill?

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your billing problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST, response can take up to 2 business days.

This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (339 Views)
ACE - Professor

nifer1214 wrote:

Keep in my your first bill likely includes more than one month of service, so it will be higher than normal. If you still have questions after reviewing that dates of service in the itemized portion of your bill, you should contact https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 as others have suggested.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.