Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 21, 2013
3:39:44 PM
View profile
Programming

Thank you to U-verse for NOT airing the Al Jazeera "News" Channel. While freedom of speech allows for people to promote their views I don't want any of my sizeable monthly payment going towards propaganda put out there by the people that push Sharia law.  

Thank you to U-verse for NOT airing the Al Jazeera "News" Channel. While freedom of speech allows for people to promote their views I don't want any of my sizeable monthly payment going towards propaganda put out there by the people that push Sharia law.  

Programming

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 5:39:59 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by SomeJoe7777 on Aug 21, 2013 at 5:41:07 PM

keith6378 wrote:

Propaganda?  Well, that is the question, isn't it?

The Al Jazeera network has several channels, including news and sports.  The channel we're speaking of here is Al Jazeera America, which is a relatively new channel for this organization.

I have no idea if this channel is slanted in it's reporting or not, or puts forth propaganda or not.  But I do know one thing: I deserve the chance to watch this channel and find that out for myself instead of having some company make this decision for me.  Who does AT&T think they are, my father?

keith6378 wrote:

Propaganda?  Well, that is the question, isn't it?

The Al Jazeera network has several channels, including news and sports.  The channel we're speaking of here is Al Jazeera America, which is a relatively new channel for this organization.

I have no idea if this channel is slanted in it's reporting or not, or puts forth propaganda or not.  But I do know one thing: I deserve the chance to watch this channel and find that out for myself instead of having some company make this decision for me.  Who does AT&T think they are, my father?

Re: Programming

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 9:38:42 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 21, 2013 at 9:42:45 PM

You wouldn't have to pay any extra if AJA was added and you know it!  For more, see my you have NO RIGHT thread.

[Please keep it courteous]

You wouldn't have to pay any extra if AJA was added and you know it!  For more, see my you have NO RIGHT thread.

[Please keep it courteous]

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 9:43:11 PM
(0)

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

4 of 7 (465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 9:51:42 PM
(0)
Scholar
I am very sorry for violating guidelines. But I just don't understand why so many people have to come on here and thank AT&T for not carrying a channel that won't cost much if anything to carry and that some subscribers might want access to. I mean what's it to them? They don 't have to watch it! I think for some people it is honestly more about political beliefs than anything else.
I am very sorry for violating guidelines. But I just don't understand why so many people have to come on here and thank AT&T for not carrying a channel that won't cost much if anything to carry and that some subscribers might want access to. I mean what's it to them? They don 't have to watch it! I think for some people it is honestly more about political beliefs than anything else.

5 of 7 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 9:55:51 PM
(0)
Scholar
I also hope the OP here is not a one post wonder and will come back and answer to what I have said in this thread.
I also hope the OP here is not a one post wonder and will come back and answer to what I have said in this thread.

6 of 7 (451 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 1:41:01 PM
(0)
Scholar
Oh Keith, Keith! Where art thou Keith?
Oh Keith, Keith! Where art thou Keith?