Programming U-Verse remote for TCL tv's?

Contributor

Programming U-Verse remote for TCL tv's?

Does anyone know if there is a program code for the TCL TV model: L32HDF11TA.  Cant get the remote to work at all with ANY code!

Thanks...

Message 1 of 31 (31,263 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Programming U-Verse remote for TCL tv's?

I understand that you may have reasons not to go for a Harmony - Many people do. Needing two remotes is not one of them.

The Harmony is designed to handle Many Many multiple devices. Go here to see the list -
http://myremotesetup.com/EasyZapper/New/Main.asp

When I went to look up your model of TLC I could not find the listing. I finally realized it is TCL. LOL

But, I digress -
Harmonyy models 200 and 300 are similar to the u-verse remote - they handle one activity ( watch TV) and multiple devices (including U-verse STB) - 3 devices on the 200 and 4 devices on the 300.

Moving up to more expensive remotes adds more devices and activities.

Activities is a feature you do not see on most remotes.

If you program the watch TV activity, when you activate it, it turns on appropriate devices, sets to appropriate inputs and has an appropriate button map.

Same for programming Watch DVD - but each step is completely different. Appropriate to each activity.

These activities are start up from scratch (off). So, if you were watching TV and wanted to watch a DVD you would power down (all the TV stuff with one button) & hit the watch DVD button to turn all that up.

If it gets stuck because a step failed you press help & it does one step at a time & asks after each step if it is ok.

Get a Harmony. You will love it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 31 (24,396 Views)
Contributor

Yes! Code 1000 does work for the tcl model. I have the 40 inch. Thanks jackiGirl
Message 17 of 31 (24,071 Views)
Expert

Glad that you found a code that worked!

Floresna wrote:
Yes! Code 1000 does work for the tcl model. I have the 40 inch. Thanks jackiGirl

Message 18 of 31 (24,061 Views)
Contributor

Thank you!  I have a 40" TCL and the RCA 1000 code worked for me as well.

Message 19 of 31 (19,826 Views)
Contributor

As another user suggested, I used the Menu -> Help -> Setup function.  As you are, I am sure by now aware, TCL is not listed as one of the manufacturers, but I did a Google search and saw that in 2004 TCL and Thomson collaborated to make one corporation.  My TV had Thomson listed and there were 2 codes, 1000 and 1383.  The first one worked perfectly for me.  Good Luck!

Message 20 of 31 (15,444 Views)
Contributor

As another user suggested, I used the Menu -> Help -> Setup function. As you are, I am sure by now aware, TCL is not listed as one of the manufacturers, but I did a Google search and saw that in 2004 TCL and Thomson collaborated to make one corporation. My TV had Thomson listed and there were 2 codes, 1000 and 1383. The first one worked perfectly for me.
Message 21 of 31 (15,443 Views)
Contributor

Re: Programming remote for TCL tv's - Try Looking for THOMSON as the MFR instead of TCL

As another user suggested, I used the Menu -> Help -> Setup function.  As you are, I am sure by now aware, TCL is not listed as one of the manufacturers, but I did a Google search and saw that in 2004 TCL and Thomson collaborated at one point, to make one corporation.  I am not sure if every TCL TV has the same manufacturer list, but check for Thomson and try those codes. My TV had Thomson listed and there were 2 codes, 1000 and 1383.  The first one worked perfectly for me.  I hope that helps everyone looking for TCL remote codes! 

Message 22 of 31 (15,442 Views)
Tutor

Re: Programming remote for TCL tv's - Try Looking for THOMSON as the MFR instead of TCL

Back to TCL L32HDF11TA... I tried the codes (above) and it did not work for me.  Does anyone else know a code that would work?

Message 23 of 31 (10,669 Views)
Community Support

Hi escodude,

I was doing research on TCL, and it appears that they sell their product under the RCA name in North America, so hopefully there is an RCA equivalent code for your TV. Here are the following codes that I have found for all RCA TVs for the standard black remote for U-verse:

1000,1002,1041,1042,1046,1133,1134,1161,1162,1169,1170,1269,1288,1289,1295,1321,1326,1347,1358,1359,1442

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 31 (10,638 Views)
Tutor

Hi David T,

Thanks for your response.  I tried the code and unfortunately none of the codes worked... I went through the list twice just in case I missed press the code.

Message 25 of 31 (10,630 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

escodude - Have you tried the search method?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 26 of 31 (10,621 Views)
Tutor

Yes, I did,,, I just went on and on and on clicking on the FF key - it never turned off.

Message 27 of 31 (10,603 Views)
ACE - Expert

escodude -
Here is a recommend for an RCA RCRP05BR 5 remote that it sounds like you can program to work for you. When I was trying to find the reference I saw the Amazon price was $8.80 -
http://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/Onkyo-HTS5200-receiver/m-p/3574365/highlight/true#M2338
http://www.amazon.com/RCA-RCRP05BR-Device-Replacement-Universal/dp/B0028IKXLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...
Message 28 of 31 (10,598 Views)
Community Support

This may be one of the TVs that our remote sadly does not have any programming information on. We definitely try to get as many devices in there as possible, but sadly, it is not possible to get them all. The information aviewer provided seems to be a great low cost solution. 

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 29 of 31 (10,588 Views)
Tutor

David T & aviewer, 

Thanks a bunch for your help.  I'll look into those universal remotes.

Message 30 of 31 (10,560 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.