Programming U-Verse remote for TCL tv's?

Contributor

Programming U-Verse remote for TCL tv's?

Does anyone know if there is a program code for the TCL TV model: L32HDF11TA.  Cant get the remote to work at all with ANY code!

Thanks...

Message 1 of 31 (31,297 Views)
Expert

Re: Programming U-Verse remote for TCL tv's?

Try the App on your TV:

Menu > Help > System Set-up > Program your UV Remote

Message 2 of 31 (31,098 Views)
Contributor

I need the same help with a TV I just got. The method described in the guide of the remote doesn't work, neither does your suggestion to use the in-guide app. Any other info, like a specific code for us to input?

Message 3 of 31 (30,848 Views)
Expert

Several codes listed in THIS thread might help.

Message 4 of 31 (30,811 Views)
Contributor

you can not use any other remote on tcl but the one that came with it

tcl are working on that

Message 5 of 31 (30,397 Views)
Expert

How about a Harmony remote?

Message 6 of 31 (30,366 Views)
Voyager

I programmed my Harmony 300 using the TCL remote and it works fine. I used an RCA remote code to program my Tivo series2 remote to control the TCL's power and volume. I have not been able to find any way to program the uverse remote to control the TCL. I tried the codes for RCA tv's, but none of them would power the TCL on/off. They did make the power light flash, though. I hope they fix it soon.

Message 7 of 31 (30,356 Views)
Contributor

I have a 24" TCL Model LE24FHDD20, and after much diligence in entering codes manually, I finally found that 1000 works. It was listed under RCA codes, so I'm not sure if any of them would work for other TCL TVs or not, but it's worth a try.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 31 (27,150 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

franky jr wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a program code for the TCL TV model: L32HDF11TA.  Cant get the remote to work at all with ANY code!

Thanks...

If JackiGirl's code doesn't work, look on the plate on the back for the actual manufacturer, many times it's listed.  Then you can look under that brand's codes, possibly the way JackiGirl found the code.

Another way to find out about the brand, google it and there might be some links that explain who the manufacturer is.  Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 31 (27,126 Views)
Contributor

I just programmed my L32HDF11TA on my Uverse remote using code 1143, works like a charm!
Message 10 of 31 (26,999 Views)
Expert

Thanks for posting your code to help others. Smiley Happy

Scott_DeMasi wrote:
I just programmed my L32HDF11TA on my Uverse remote using code 1143, works like a charm!

Message 11 of 31 (24,579 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased a TCL 40", and none of the avbove codes work. I have tried ALL of the codes for the following TV's:

RCA via TV Help

Samsung via TV Help

RCA as published in Uverse support Remote Codes PDF 

Samsung as published in Uverse support Remote Codes PDF

RCA HDTV as published in Uverse support Remote Codes PDF 

Samsung HDTV as published in Uverse support Remote Codes PDF

I hope an update is made to either the remote or to TCL TV's to allow them to work together!

Message 12 of 31 (24,540 Views)
Expert

You can also try the App on your TV:
Menu > Help > System Setup > Program Your UV Remote

Take a look at these posts for other codes that might work:
Remote Codes for Various Devices

Message 13 of 31 (24,536 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Doc_Hawk,
You do not say your model number. I saw model LE40FHDP21TA & looked it at Logitech.com to find it supported with a Harmony remote. You can get a model 200 at Radio Shack for $20 or model 300 -$30 - code free programming
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 31 (24,529 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the followup. I have a TCL L40FHDF11TA 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV. I am hoping for a remote code that works with the Uverse standard black remote, not a Harmony since that does not solve the problem of having to use two remotes to control the TV and cable.

Message 15 of 31 (24,522 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.