Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 29, 2013
3:47:27 PM
View profile
Program guide (and related guides) not showing up

I hustgot an HDTV and after much playing around, I was finally able to get my remote to operate the television.  However, in the process, I seem to have made it so that the menus and guides and even the visual that shows what channel you are on have disappeared.  It seems that the guides and channel changes and whatnot all function properly, but it seems as if they are running in the background behind the TV picture.  Of course this means that I cannot see them.

I expect that if I could *see* the guides and menus, I could figure out how to make them show back up.  But if anyone can tell me the combination of buttons to push so that I could do it blindly, I could make that work too.

Thank you.

I hustgot an HDTV and after much playing around, I was finally able to get my remote to operate the television.  However, in the process, I seem to have made it so that the menus and guides and even the visual that shows what channel you are on have disappeared.  It seems that the guides and channel changes and whatnot all function properly, but it seems as if they are running in the background behind the TV picture.  Of course this means that I cannot see them.

I expect that if I could *see* the guides and menus, I could figure out how to make them show back up.  But if anyone can tell me the combination of buttons to push so that I could do it blindly, I could make that work too.

Thank you.

Program guide (and related guides) not showing up

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 3:59:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sounds like you made some sort of change to your TV's set up and not to the Uverse configuration.

What brand and model of TV is it?

Sounds like you made some sort of change to your TV's set up and not to the Uverse configuration.

What brand and model of TV is it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Program guide (and related guides) not showing up

2 of 4 (360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 11:02:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

It's a Samsung 46" Smart TV.  The guide was there originally when I first set up the TV, but it is possible that I changed a setting on the TV that made it do this.  Do you have any idea what general kind of setting may have caused this kind of problem?

It's a Samsung 46" Smart TV.  The guide was there originally when I first set up the TV, but it is possible that I changed a setting on the TV that made it do this.  Do you have any idea what general kind of setting may have caused this kind of problem?

3 of 4 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 4:37:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
nolij - Here is a possibility - With regular TVs you need to set the TV menu to the correct input so that it displays the U-verse signal on that input. The smart (i.e. internet access) portion of the TV adds a new dimension to that problem.

IF you are in smart mode to obtain connection to the internet, the normal video signals are not on the TV screen. Make sure the TV is not in Smart mode and is on the correct input for U-verse.
nolij - Here is a possibility - With regular TVs you need to set the TV menu to the correct input so that it displays the U-verse signal on that input. The smart (i.e. internet access) portion of the TV adds a new dimension to that problem.

IF you are in smart mode to obtain connection to the internet, the normal video signals are not on the TV screen. Make sure the TV is not in Smart mode and is on the correct input for U-verse.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (307 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments