Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 25, 2013
9:20:58 AM
Program MUST be recorded manually?
Edited by marcindublin on Jun 25, 2013 at 9:21:34 AM

Yep. That's what it said.

I did a search for "Under the Dome" in hopes of finding a repeat of the pilot episode. Sure enough, it was being shown next Sunday, so I hit the record button and was greeted with this message:

"Due to last minute scheduling changes, this program must be recorded manually"

And then it plucked me into the manual record screen.

Since I had no idea when the series was *really* supposed to be on, I hunted for it using the Guide, found it, hit record and was rewarded with a little red dot.

If I had to guess, I'd say it is yet another bug in the new (since the upgrade) search function.

Yep. That's what it said.

I did a search for "Under the Dome" in hopes of finding a repeat of the pilot episode. Sure enough, it was being shown next Sunday, so I hit the record button and was greeted with this message:

"Due to last minute scheduling changes, this program must be recorded manually"

And then it plucked me into the manual record screen.

Since I had no idea when the series was *really* supposed to be on, I hunted for it using the Guide, found it, hit record and was rewarded with a little red dot.

If I had to guess, I'd say it is yet another bug in the new (since the upgrade) search function.

Program MUST be recorded manually?

[ Edited ]
12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 4:37:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It means that the episode that you were trying to record was not yet listed in the Guide.  The broadcast date was more than 14 days in the future.  Once it's listed in the Guide, you would have no problem recording it.

It means that the episode that you were trying to record was not yet listed in the Guide.  The broadcast date was more than 14 days in the future.  Once it's listed in the Guide, you would have no problem recording it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Program MUST be recorded manually?

2 of 13 (1,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 5:06:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jun 25, 2013 at 5:29:52 PM

texasguy37 wrote:

The pilot is being re-broadcast on 6/30....only 5 days from now.  I was able to set a recording with no problem.

Sometimes the DVR/Guide just does goofy things like forcing you to set something manual.  I really have no explanation.

The regular time slot is Mon. nights at 9:00pm CST.

Edit to add:  I just checked and mine is refusing to record the 7/8 episode...no automatic (which is set as 'record series') and no way to even set it manual.   I hit OK and it won't go to the next screen.

Weird..... I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it is a limited series.

texasguy37 wrote:

The pilot is being re-broadcast on 6/30....only 5 days from now.  I was able to set a recording with no problem.

Sometimes the DVR/Guide just does goofy things like forcing you to set something manual.  I really have no explanation.

The regular time slot is Mon. nights at 9:00pm CST.

Edit to add:  I just checked and mine is refusing to record the 7/8 episode...no automatic (which is set as 'record series') and no way to even set it manual.   I hit OK and it won't go to the next screen.

Weird..... I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it is a limited series.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 13 (1,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 7:39:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

skeeterintexas wrote:

It has to do with the fact that that episode is currently not listed in the Guide.  If you review the Guide, you will see that as of today, the Guide is only populated with programming through 7:00 pm CT on July 8th.

skeeterintexas wrote:

It has to do with the fact that that episode is currently not listed in the Guide.  If you review the Guide, you will see that as of today, the Guide is only populated with programming through 7:00 pm CT on July 8th.

4 of 13 (977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 9:00:13 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by marcindublin on Jun 25, 2013 at 9:05:22 PM

If it wasn't listed in the guide, the search function wouldn't have found it (or would it - can the search function go past the out date in the guide).

Also, as someone pointed out, the show was in the guide because I was able to record it through the guide, just not through the search function.

It's a bug.

If it wasn't listed in the guide, the search function wouldn't have found it (or would it - can the search function go past the out date in the guide).

Also, as someone pointed out, the show was in the guide because I was able to record it through the guide, just not through the search function.

It's a bug.

[ Edited ]
5 of 13 (969 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 9:18:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

marcindublin wrote:

It's a bug.

The 6/30 Pilot repeat was listed in the guide so I don't know why it required a manual record.

The 7/1 Episode 2 is listed and should record if scheduled to do so.

The 7/8 Episode 3 should record even though it doesn't show on the Scheduled Recordings page.

marcindublin wrote:

It's a bug.

The 6/30 Pilot repeat was listed in the guide so I don't know why it required a manual record.

The 7/1 Episode 2 is listed and should record if scheduled to do so.

The 7/8 Episode 3 should record even though it doesn't show on the Scheduled Recordings page.

6 of 13 (953 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2013 7:22:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

marcindublin wrote:

Prior to the uipdate, what you stated was true.  Since the new update, your statement is not correct.

Also, the answer to your question is "yes".

marcindublin wrote:

Prior to the uipdate, what you stated was true.  Since the new update, your statement is not correct.

Also, the answer to your question is "yes".

7 of 13 (912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2013 7:25:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

skeeterintexas wrote:

It would only be selected to record and shown on the Scheduled Recordings page once the episdoe is listed in the Guide.

skeeterintexas wrote:

It would only be selected to record and shown on the Scheduled Recordings page once the episdoe is listed in the Guide.

8 of 13 (910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2013 12:11:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

The search function appears to go out the same 2 weeks as it always did. Searching for "Burn Notice" brings up 5 entries. The first lists Burn Notice as a TV series with 36 entries through July 11. The second through fifth list two episodes of Burn Notice being "On Demand". Why we need four separate entries that all point to the same thing is a question for AT*T developers, but I'd consider it a bug.

The search function appears to go out the same 2 weeks as it always did. Searching for "Burn Notice" brings up 5 entries. The first lists Burn Notice as a TV series with 36 entries through July 11. The second through fifth list two episodes of Burn Notice being "On Demand". Why we need four separate entries that all point to the same thing is a question for AT*T developers, but I'd consider it a bug.

9 of 13 (866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2013 4:47:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:51:29 PM

marcindublin wrote:

The search function appears to go out the same 2 weeks as it always did.  

Nope, the search now goes out an extra day which is not listed in the Guide.  If today you do a search on Burn Notice, you will see the search returns results through Thursday, July 11th; however, is you open the Guide, you will see programming populated only through 8:00 pm ET on July 10th.

If you try to schedule of the episodes on July 11th which is not listed in the Guide, you will get the message that you first reported.  I have noticed this ever since I received the upgrade.

marcindublin wrote:

The search function appears to go out the same 2 weeks as it always did.  

Nope, the search now goes out an extra day which is not listed in the Guide.  If today you do a search on Burn Notice, you will see the search returns results through Thursday, July 11th; however, is you open the Guide, you will see programming populated only through 8:00 pm ET on July 10th.

If you try to schedule of the episodes on July 11th which is not listed in the Guide, you will get the message that you first reported.  I have noticed this ever since I received the upgrade.

[ Edited ]
10 of 13 (840 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 6:40:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

I get this same error almost everytime I schedule something. If I hit do not record, then hit the record button again, it schedules fine. Any suggestions?

I get this same error almost everytime I schedule something. If I hit do not record, then hit the record button again, it schedules fine. Any suggestions?

11 of 13 (710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 6:45:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem when using search or "more showtimes"...  it's not consistent but I get taken to the manual recording screen.  Tech support told me there were "time zone" issues that needed to be fixed.  When I go to the guide to find and record the show it is always shifted by one hour of the time shown using search or more showtimes.  Just another way of AT&T telling us we don't need none of them fancy features like search....  It's not because the program found is farther out than the guide currently displays.

Thank god there are people around to tell us we're wrong and what's happening isn't really happening.  Must be what it was like living in Germany in the 1930s....

Jeff

I have the same problem when using search or "more showtimes"...  it's not consistent but I get taken to the manual recording screen.  Tech support told me there were "time zone" issues that needed to be fixed.  When I go to the guide to find and record the show it is always shifted by one hour of the time shown using search or more showtimes.  Just another way of AT&T telling us we don't need none of them fancy features like search....  It's not because the program found is farther out than the guide currently displays.

Thank god there are people around to tell us we're wrong and what's happening isn't really happening.  Must be what it was like living in Germany in the 1930s....

Jeff

12 of 13 (629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 8:58:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:27:23 AM

I wonder if it has to do with not handling the zip code properly? The unsigned onscreen for listings shows zip code = 30308. I wonder if there is code using this instead of the proper zip code. Does everyone show 30308 as the default??

I have a problem on the guide where some local channels show on the guide, but if I select them it says I am not authorized. But, I should be.

Another case of deployed without testing.

Favorites is still not fixed. Cannot even get a description of what the design is.

I wonder if it has to do with not handling the zip code properly? The unsigned onscreen for listings shows zip code = 30308. I wonder if there is code using this instead of the proper zip code. Does everyone show 30308 as the default??

I have a problem on the guide where some local channels show on the guide, but if I select them it says I am not authorized. But, I should be.

Another case of deployed without testing.

Favorites is still not fixed. Cannot even get a description of what the design is.

[ Edited ]
13 of 13 (619 Views)