Helpful Links

Product Availability?

Contributor

Product Availability?

Why in 2013 am I unable to get Uverse TV in a major city, downtown San Francisco, California, USA?

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Product Availability?

The U-verse foot print does not cover 100% of the USA as you are aware.  The equipment, available infrastructure, and the amout of potential subscribers all determine what area they will invest in.  In order to get a ROI for the upfront costs to deploy the needed equipment and labor to make it happen all factors in to the equation. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: Product Availability?

For brucebutkis, thank your fellow city residents and city planners for your question.

ATT wanted to roll out Uverse for San Francisco back in 2007, objections to size and placement of VRAD lead to legal challenges. July 2012 a judge final ruled to allow ATT in, now the product is starting to be build out, service hopefully by completion of Project VIP end of 2015.

http://m.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/2012/07/att-wins-ruling-on-u-verse-street-boxes.html?page...

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support