Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 17, 2013
9:47:39 AM
View profile
Problems since att changed their on demand format and go interactive format
My tv hasn't worked right since Uverse changed their on demand and go interactive formats.  Here are my problems:

1.  If I click on "more showtimes" when trying to record a show, circle rotates at bottom right screen and then it says search is temporarily unavailable; try again later.  Well, later never works.  Have to go to search and key in name of show to find showtimes.  Even that doesn't always come up accurately, giving wrong days and times.

2.  Doing a search is extremely slow; on demand extremely slow

3.  Example of what's happened three times.  Watching a live show on tv with receiver.  I have rewound this show to watch from the beginning, say fifteen minutes backwards.  Messages pops up and disappears so fast can't read the entire screen, but says basically my tv is going to live tv because of the dvr receiver watching or recording or something like that.  SO, I've lost my fifteen minutes of watching and it won't let me rewind back to that point.  To add to the confusion as to why this is happening is that the DVR is not being used, is not recording anything and no other tv is on in the house.

4.  Watching live tv and all of a sudden, the voices are scrambled.  Will have to get off that channel and back on and then it is fine.

Anyone having any of these problems or can offer solutions?  Do you think I need to have tech come to house to correct these problems?  Oh, I have tried rebooting DVR, receivers, and gateway at least once a month and this still happens.

My tv hasn't worked right since Uverse changed their on demand and go interactive formats.  Here are my problems:

1.  If I click on "more showtimes" when trying to record a show, circle rotates at bottom right screen and then it says search is temporarily unavailable; try again later.  Well, later never works.  Have to go to search and key in name of show to find showtimes.  Even that doesn't always come up accurately, giving wrong days and times.

2.  Doing a search is extremely slow; on demand extremely slow

3.  Example of what's happened three times.  Watching a live show on tv with receiver.  I have rewound this show to watch from the beginning, say fifteen minutes backwards.  Messages pops up and disappears so fast can't read the entire screen, but says basically my tv is going to live tv because of the dvr receiver watching or recording or something like that.  SO, I've lost my fifteen minutes of watching and it won't let me rewind back to that point.  To add to the confusion as to why this is happening is that the DVR is not being used, is not recording anything and no other tv is on in the house.

4.  Watching live tv and all of a sudden, the voices are scrambled.  Will have to get off that channel and back on and then it is fine.

Anyone having any of these problems or can offer solutions?  Do you think I need to have tech come to house to correct these problems?  Oh, I have tried rebooting DVR, receivers, and gateway at least once a month and this still happens.

Problems since att changed their on demand format and go interactive format

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 10:18:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Denver_1 - I think numbers one two and four are the new norm. I do not know about number three. But, I can add another problem. The search used to present the name of the show in the vertical center of the screen. With results that had words before or after the search words above and below it. This was the best presentation because it is most likely what the search is looking for, but other odd possibilities could be found.

Now, if the search works, it returns the beginning of the list of oddball results. Very difficult to get to the most likely result. Yet another example of picking the least customer friendly of choices.
Denver_1 - I think numbers one two and four are the new norm. I do not know about number three. But, I can add another problem. The search used to present the name of the show in the vertical center of the screen. With results that had words before or after the search words above and below it. This was the best presentation because it is most likely what the search is looking for, but other odd possibilities could be found.

Now, if the search works, it returns the beginning of the list of oddball results. Very difficult to get to the most likely result. Yet another example of picking the least customer friendly of choices.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Problems since att changed their on demand format and go interactive format

2 of 8 (582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 11:09:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Some people have said that the newer boxes have more memory and are faster as a result of the memory. Which boxes do you have? My VIP 1200 and VIP 1225 are slow, but I hear the Cisco(?) and VIP 2250 are snappy fast.

Some people have said that the newer boxes have more memory and are faster as a result of the memory. Which boxes do you have? My VIP 1200 and VIP 1225 are slow, but I hear the Cisco(?) and VIP 2250 are snappy fast.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 1:28:44 PM
(0)
Mentor

Even though you weren't able to resolve my problems, you are right about the search function not being realistic and coming up with words you aren't keying into the criteria.

Even though you weren't able to resolve my problems, you are right about the search function not being realistic and coming up with words you aren't keying into the criteria.

4 of 8 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 1:30:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

I have Cisco and, no, it isn't snappy fast.

I have Cisco and, no, it isn't snappy fast.

5 of 8 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 11:15:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

I now know the screen statement on my original post with problem #3.  This just happened and uverse changed the format so that you have to click ok when the statement appears; that is why I could read it completely.  Anyway, the DVR was not recording anything and only one other tv was on which has the DVR receiver.  The tv I was watching has a receiver.  The statement is:  This channel has jumped to live tv to allow tv viewing or recording on the DVR receiver.  Now this has happened 5 times when there is no way too many channels or tvs are in use.  Once it jumps to live tv, the rewind will not go back to where I was on this channel.  Only solution I know is to record everything I watch live so if I back up to see something missed, I will be able to go to the recorded show since rewind doesn't work anymore.

I now know the screen statement on my original post with problem #3.  This just happened and uverse changed the format so that you have to click ok when the statement appears; that is why I could read it completely.  Anyway, the DVR was not recording anything and only one other tv was on which has the DVR receiver.  The tv I was watching has a receiver.  The statement is:  This channel has jumped to live tv to allow tv viewing or recording on the DVR receiver.  Now this has happened 5 times when there is no way too many channels or tvs are in use.  Once it jumps to live tv, the rewind will not go back to where I was on this channel.  Only solution I know is to record everything I watch live so if I back up to see something missed, I will be able to go to the recorded show since rewind doesn't work anymore.

6 of 8 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 3:07:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It sounds like you have a connectivity problem between your TV Receiver and the RG.  How are they connected?

It sounds like you have a connectivity problem between your TV Receiver and the RG.  How are they connected?

7 of 8 (281 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 8:27:49 AM
(0)
Mentor
ATT Uverse installed my equipment long time ago. Have never had a connectivity problem. Problems only started after Uverse changed their formats.
ATT Uverse installed my equipment long time ago. Have never had a connectivity problem. Problems only started after Uverse changed their formats.

8 of 8 (236 Views)