Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 3, 2013
3:53:47 PM
View profile
Problem with transferring service to new home

I have had the most horrible experience with AT&T. We tried to move our Uverse service to our new address. The first representative said they didn't provide service there so we placed a notice to cancel and placed an order for DSL. I spoke with my landlord who indicated other tenants in our complex have Uverse. So I proceeded to call again and they said we could get service but could not activate the service for 3 weeks. She suggested we keep the DSL installation appointment until they could install the Uverse.  The day before it was supposed to be installed, i received a confirmation call. Then the day came to install the DSL and no one came. I called later in the day to see when they were coming and the representative said they weren't scheduled to come out. So they rescheduled the installation for the next day (so I had to take two days off of work for the installation.) Because we had so many problems, we asked our friend who is an AT&T field manager to check the status of our Uverse installation request. He said the job wasn't even in the system, so we three way called and had him setup the necessary information to get our installation for Uverse. The day of the installation for the Uverse service came and went smoothly. I called to cancel the DSL service the same day of the Uverse installation and the representative told me there would be no charge for the 10 days of DSL service due to the mix up about the availability of Uverse. However, a month later I received a $186 bill for DSL, which I have spent 4 months and about 20 calls trying to resolve with incompetently trained employees. I called yesterday and was told a supervisor would call between 6 and 7pm, but didn't. I called back this morning to check on the status and was transferred at least 10 times before speaking with someone who could actually help me. Come on AT&T train your customer service representative employees better. This all could have been avoided if you employees knew what they were doing. 

I have had the most horrible experience with AT&T. We tried to move our Uverse service to our new address. The first representative said they didn't provide service there so we placed a notice to cancel and placed an order for DSL. I spoke with my landlord who indicated other tenants in our complex have Uverse. So I proceeded to call again and they said we could get service but could not activate the service for 3 weeks. She suggested we keep the DSL installation appointment until they could install the Uverse.  The day before it was supposed to be installed, i received a confirmation call. Then the day came to install the DSL and no one came. I called later in the day to see when they were coming and the representative said they weren't scheduled to come out. So they rescheduled the installation for the next day (so I had to take two days off of work for the installation.) Because we had so many problems, we asked our friend who is an AT&T field manager to check the status of our Uverse installation request. He said the job wasn't even in the system, so we three way called and had him setup the necessary information to get our installation for Uverse. The day of the installation for the Uverse service came and went smoothly. I called to cancel the DSL service the same day of the Uverse installation and the representative told me there would be no charge for the 10 days of DSL service due to the mix up about the availability of Uverse. However, a month later I received a $186 bill for DSL, which I have spent 4 months and about 20 calls trying to resolve with incompetently trained employees. I called yesterday and was told a supervisor would call between 6 and 7pm, but didn't. I called back this morning to check on the status and was transferred at least 10 times before speaking with someone who could actually help me. Come on AT&T train your customer service representative employees better. This all could have been avoided if you employees knew what they were doing. 

Problem with transferring service to new home

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2013 5:42:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Jklmn_girl_05 wrote:

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Jklmn_girl_05 wrote:

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Problem with transferring service to new home

2 of 3 (220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 9:27:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Send the PM to AT&T Customer Care, they are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Support.  Who can help you get this issue resolved.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification as they will reply to you via PM as well.

Send the PM to AT&T Customer Care, they are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Support.  Who can help you get this issue resolved.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification as they will reply to you via PM as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Problem with transferring service to new home

3 of 3 (192 Views)