Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 12, 2013
3:00:41 PM
View profile
Problem setting up IP cameras with Motorola NVG510

I have seen this asked before, but I am not super proficient in computers so perhaps as easy an explanation as possible my help me and those of us who are not tech savvy. I have 2 IP cameras made by Wanscam. The model numbers are FR4020A2. They worked with my old AT&T DSL service and Netgear DGND3300 modem/router. Since I have switched to U-Verse, I have not been able to set them up to work with the Motorola NVG510. The cameras came with a search tool that helps to find the cameras and link them to the network. Other than a few bugs every now and then, the process was easy with the Netgear and DSL. At this point, everytime I open the finder tool, the Motorola Router shuts down and reboots. I have seen the articles on port forwarding and others related to IP cameras and they are a little out of my league. Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

I have seen this asked before, but I am not super proficient in computers so perhaps as easy an explanation as possible my help me and those of us who are not tech savvy. I have 2 IP cameras made by Wanscam. The model numbers are FR4020A2. They worked with my old AT&T DSL service and Netgear DGND3300 modem/router. Since I have switched to U-Verse, I have not been able to set them up to work with the Motorola NVG510. The cameras came with a search tool that helps to find the cameras and link them to the network. Other than a few bugs every now and then, the process was easy with the Netgear and DSL. At this point, everytime I open the finder tool, the Motorola Router shuts down and reboots. I have seen the articles on port forwarding and others related to IP cameras and they are a little out of my league. Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

Problem setting up IP cameras with Motorola NVG510

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2013 1:30:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

See if this link might help: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413180&cv=803,521&title=Setting+up+Port+Forwarding#fbi...

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Problem setting up IP cameras with Motorola NVG510

2 of 3 (2,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 10:57:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

I also have this problem with Motorola NVG510 and two Wanscam IP cameras. Forwarding the port doesn't even work though because I can't even identify the camera to start with, the search tool keeps shutting down the router. Is there a solution for this? 

I also have this problem with Motorola NVG510 and two Wanscam IP cameras. Forwarding the port doesn't even work though because I can't even identify the camera to start with, the search tool keeps shutting down the router. Is there a solution for this? 

Re: Problem setting up IP cameras with Motorola NVG510

3 of 3 (1,788 Views)