Prgramming Emerson tv with the Uverse remote

Contributor

Prgramming Emerson tv with the Uverse remote

I have a Emerson 32 inch LCD TV Model# LC320EM8A (from walmart) and im trying to prgram it with the att uverse remote and i cant seem to find any codes that work with it, and i have tried the code search and it hasnt worked either.  Any help would be great.
Message 1 of 15 (22,385 Views)
Master

Re: Prgramming Emerson tv with the Uverse remote

try 1004...
Dennis
Message 2 of 15 (22,385 Views)
Contributor

Yeah I just tried it and it doesnt work...................:smileysad:
Message 3 of 15 (22,385 Views)
Contributor

Bump! anybody figure this one out?
Message 4 of 15 (22,385 Views)
Master

wh8sox wrote:
Bump! anybody figure this one out?

Emerson Television 1004, 1011, 1013, 1025, 1028, 1031, 1033, 1036, 1044, 1045, 1080, 1097, 1101, 1102, 1107, 1382, 1383
Message 5 of 15 (22,386 Views)
Guru

Emerson, Olivia, and Sylvania don't work with the U-verse remotes. Unfortunately you will have to use your existing remote to turn the TV set on and off and use the ATT remote for the Uverse box.
Message 6 of 15 (22,386 Views)
Contributor

I ran into the same problem with a 22" emerson.  You may know this, but you can program the volumn to work with the uverse receiver.  Press the AT&T button and the OK at the same time, then release and wait for 2 flashes.  Now press 955 using the number keys.  The AT&T button should flash twice.  Now press ENTER.  That should work.  You may need to set the volumn level with the Emerson remote to adjust the level controled by the uverse remote.  You will still have to turn the TV off and on with the emerson remote but at least you'll have volumn control.  I just ordered one of the new Uverse remotes with RF control.  They tell me it can learn the functons from my Emerson remote. We will see.  Hope this helps. 
Message 7 of 15 (22,386 Views)
Mentor

Thanks for the tip RickM1

I suspect there will be other folks looking for this info since one of Walmart's black Friday specials were Emerson TVs. We decided to replace a Viewsonic TV which the AT&T remote could never control with one of these cheapo Emerson units....the AT&T can't control it either. we're batting 1000

Oh well, at least we can control the volume.....that's something.

Makes me wonder, why are there so many different codes? Seems like they would just unify and eliminate all this confusion. 

Message 8 of 15 (22,386 Views)
Guru

So many different codes for the particular models. Samsung has 4 codes and if I recall 3 of them turns the TV off. However, only one turns it back on and that is 1073. 
Message 9 of 15 (22,386 Views)
Tutor

1024 worked for me.

Message 10 of 15 (22,235 Views)
Contributor

1024 worked for me on my 26" Emerson I bought last night at Walmart. Make sure you turn volume all the way up first because it saves the highest volume setting. I had to program with 955- turn tv volume and AT&T volume all the way up - then use code 1024 lastly.
955 allows you to turn up volume all the way. 1024 is the final program step. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.
Message 11 of 15 (17,278 Views)
Teacher

One solution for Emerson tv with the Uverse remote

I already posted this under remote controls but because there are so many that seem to have this problem I will post it again here.

The ATT Uverse silver remote doesn't work well with Emerson TVs.

Most will turn off with the correct code but NOT ON.

Find the code that will turn OFF the Emerson TV.(volume should work too)

When you want to want to turn ON your Emerson TV Try This (Believe it or not)

Wave ATT Remote slowly and press ON in mid wave.

The ATT remote ON frequency must be slightly off.

This works every time for me now that I know the solution.

Remember your High School Physics lesson on the Doppler Effect

Hope this helps someone else.

Message 12 of 15 (17,271 Views)
Contributor

THe Emerson HDTV from Walmart works with 1468 code.

Message 13 of 15 (17,081 Views)
Contributor

1024 and 955 worked for me too......thanks for the help

Message 14 of 15 (13,066 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

1468 worked for me! Emerson 32" LCD
Message 15 of 15 (8,175 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.