Poor customer service

Contributor

Poor customer service

I recently switch my home phone to a cell phone. Before I did so, I consulted the AT&T representative about the promotion price of my U-verse internet, he promised that the price would be the same, but it went up by $26 per month because they say cell phone is not bundled to U-verse internet. They should have told me so in the first place. Now I called several times and nobody could adjust the promotion price back for me, what should I do?

Message 1 of 3 (382 Views)
Employee

Re: Poor customer service

[ Edited ]

From your terms of service agreement http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html

Pricing a. Term Plans, Bundle Discounts.When you purchased the Service, you agreed to specific price and plan, which may have included a term of one, two, or three years (“Term Plan”). Similarly, some plans may offer a discount on the Service if you sign up for other AT&T services (“Bundle Discount”). You agree to maintain your Service and the bundled services for the applicable term. If you signed up for a Term Plan or a Bundle Discount, the price available with those plans is valid until one of the following occurs, at which time your price may revert to the then-existing price for your service: (1) the term expires; (2) you move from your current service address to another service address; or (3) you drop one of the AT&T services you were required to purchase to receive the special rate.

In effect item3...you dropped your voip line....your internet price stayed the same as normal unbundled pricing, in effect lost discount. Current internet only promotion is $11.05 off normal price, could see if would place you on new one year contract promotion rate,still higher than bundled...

Example...Pro (3M) normal is $41,can get for $14.95 when bundled with VOIP 250 for $25...total 39.95
If new customer PRO only $41-$11.05 for net price of $29.95...still $15 higher than bundled internet without $25 VOIP.

How much longer till contract expires....rep misinformed you, question is intentional or accidental (did not know).

You may wish to post to Customer Care, they may be able to assist but generally do not seem to get involved with retention (pricing) but may be able to maintain old price for short term.
Please be aware when promotion ends price reverts back to your new current billing.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (372 Views)
Community Support

Re: Poor customer service

Hello @zhouchun87 . Thanks for visiting the Community and posting here. We'd be happy to try to help. Send us a message here with your account number, full name, contact information and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will contact you within 2 business days. 

I hope we can resolve this to your satisfaction! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (333 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.