Poor customer service

Tutor

Poor customer service

Ill keep it brief...I am a Police Officer, I have several co-workers that are AT&T customers.  They tell me that At&t has given them unlisted numbers at no charge..I call today, and am told Nope, cant  do it...They wont waive the $4 month...BUT they will offer a discount to law enforcement!  REALLY?  The knuckleheads can find my number, but it will be cheaper for me?  Nice.. I will be looking for new service...

Message 1 of 5 (652 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Poor customer service

LawPSO145 wrote:

Ill keep it brief...I am a Police Officer, I have several co-workers that are AT&T customers.  They tell me that At&t has given them unlisted numbers at no charge..I call today, and am told Nope, cant  do it...They wont waive the $4 month...BUT they will offer a discount to law enforcement!  REALLY?  The knuckleheads can find my number, but it will be cheaper for me?  Nice.. I will be looking for new service...

Let me make sure I'm understanding properly: AT&T doesn't waive the non-published listing charge, but they do offer a separate discount equal to more than the charge in question?

If I understand correctly, I can't figure out why you're upset...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (641 Views)
Tutor

I was disappointed when I wrote that...I have a wife and children at home and need a landline. There are those that I have to deal with on a regular basis, that would love to be able to look up my number and maybe even figure out where I live as a result of having a published number. I wanted to have an unpublished number, as many of my colleagues do (being offered at no charge). If AT&T can offer a discount that would equal or be greater, then why not waive the fee?
Message 3 of 5 (631 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

LawPSO145 wrote:
I was disappointed when I wrote that...I have a wife and children at home and need a landline. There are those that I have to deal with on a regular basis, that would love to be able to look up my number and maybe even figure out where I live as a result of having a published number. I wanted to have an unpublished number, as many of my colleagues do (being offered at no charge). If AT&T can offer a discount that would equal or be greater, then why not waive the fee?

That's not a service they offer. However, they offer a better discount for those that have job-related reasons to have a non-published number. Perhaps that is what your colleagues are referring to when they mention they don't have to pay for a non-published number. Maybe company policy has changed. 

Regardless, I'm sorry, but I'm failing to see the reason for your disappointment. Take the discount and request a non-published number.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (623 Views)
Contributor

I have been an AT&T customer for over 3 yrs the  internet connection  has been poor since the day of installtion I have  had  techinican  to come and "fix" the problem on several occasions and they have yet to  to fix my problem.  I was told again today that I need yet another techincian to  come here again.  I  get to waste 4 hours of my life to wait for an unqualified person to work in my home for 4 freaking hours for them not to fix my problem how hard is it to send a compentent person to my home  to fix the  services that I pay for ??? This the worst case of customer service I have ever seen. Needless to say I will be shopping around bye bye to you 

Message 5 of 5 (444 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.