Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 1, 2014
8:33:16 PM
View profile
Poor Customer Service!

I spent almost an hour on a chat with AT&T U-verse tonight to find out why a Premise Technician did not show up at my house yesterday morning (12/31/13) for service (as promised by a phone rep who I spoke with on Monday 12/30). The chat rep tonight said the service is scheduled for this coming Saturday (1/4/14) and it's supposed to be a self-install. I was never aware of this date change nor would I have agreed to it either. A supervisor (Nadeem) had to get on the chat after the first rep (Prashant) failed to resolve my issue. Aside from the poorly handled miscue on Monday, this chat tonight with Nadeem and Prashant should have been resolved within 5 to 10 minutes!  AT&T really needs to get their act together and stop using overseas customer service and start providing better service for customers over the phone.  I also feel that the website should provide an email address (or web form) for customers to schedule service or to place orders.

I spent almost an hour on a chat with AT&T U-verse tonight to find out why a Premise Technician did not show up at my house yesterday morning (12/31/13) for service (as promised by a phone rep who I spoke with on Monday 12/30). The chat rep tonight said the service is scheduled for this coming Saturday (1/4/14) and it's supposed to be a self-install. I was never aware of this date change nor would I have agreed to it either. A supervisor (Nadeem) had to get on the chat after the first rep (Prashant) failed to resolve my issue. Aside from the poorly handled miscue on Monday, this chat tonight with Nadeem and Prashant should have been resolved within 5 to 10 minutes!  AT&T really needs to get their act together and stop using overseas customer service and start providing better service for customers over the phone.  I also feel that the website should provide an email address (or web form) for customers to schedule service or to place orders.

Poor Customer Service!

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 12:13:58 AM
(0)
Employee
If I understand your post correctly.

You ordered new service (internet only or internet/VOIP) on 12/30/13.
Your disappointed that service was not installed the next day.
Service is scheduled as a self install on 1/4/14.

Education normal installation is scheduled 1 to 3 weeks after order date.
Customer Self Install orders equipment is shipped direct to customer.
A tech will install outside jumpers, test signal to NID, update Drop and/or NID: f needed.
Tech work to be completed 8am to 8pm, customer does not need to be home.
Customer is responsible for all inside wiring, installation and registration of services.
If customer has difficultly and needs assistance may request tech visit (failed CSI) billed $99.

If customer wishes for full tech install (FTI), may request so, charge $149. Includes outside, inside work
Tech appointment time frames available are 9am-11am, 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm.
Requires customer to be home during time of installation.

After order is taken, should receive both email and snail mail confirm services plus 4 digit pin for activation.

ATT has 27 call centers in the US Monday to Friday 8am to 5 pm local time, after call centers close handled overseas.
As your experience with chat occurred on New Years Day, a holiday, local call center closed.

If future contact is needed desiring US support please note time frame.
For list of numbers and hours http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp
If I understand your post correctly.

You ordered new service (internet only or internet/VOIP) on 12/30/13.
Your disappointed that service was not installed the next day.
Service is scheduled as a self install on 1/4/14.

Education normal installation is scheduled 1 to 3 weeks after order date.
Customer Self Install orders equipment is shipped direct to customer.
A tech will install outside jumpers, test signal to NID, update Drop and/or NID: f needed.
Tech work to be completed 8am to 8pm, customer does not need to be home.
Customer is responsible for all inside wiring, installation and registration of services.
If customer has difficultly and needs assistance may request tech visit (failed CSI) billed $99.

If customer wishes for full tech install (FTI), may request so, charge $149. Includes outside, inside work
Tech appointment time frames available are 9am-11am, 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm.
Requires customer to be home during time of installation.

After order is taken, should receive both email and snail mail confirm services plus 4 digit pin for activation.

ATT has 27 call centers in the US Monday to Friday 8am to 5 pm local time, after call centers close handled overseas.
As your experience with chat occurred on New Years Day, a holiday, local call center closed.

If future contact is needed desiring US support please note time frame.
For list of numbers and hours http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Poor Customer Service!

2 of 2 (163 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments