Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 30, 2009
2:48:23 PM
View profile
Please add TyC to the lineup

I'd like to switch to AT&T.  I'm currently on DirecTV, and there is one channel I must have: TyC Sports (channel 427 on DirecTV), also called Torneos y Competencias.  It's a sports network from Argentina that broadcasts most first division soccer games.  I cannot do without it.

Now that AT&T has a working arrangement with DirecTV, I would hope they could arrange for TyC to be broadcast over the AT&T network as part of the Spanish package.

Does anyone know how to get to the people that could do something about it at AT&T...?

George

I'd like to switch to AT&T.  I'm currently on DirecTV, and there is one channel I must have: TyC Sports (channel 427 on DirecTV), also called Torneos y Competencias.  It's a sports network from Argentina that broadcasts most first division soccer games.  I cannot do without it.

Now that AT&T has a working arrangement with DirecTV, I would hope they could arrange for TyC to be broadcast over the AT&T network as part of the Spanish package.

Does anyone know how to get to the people that could do something about it at AT&T...?

George

Please add TyC to the lineup

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2009 1:53:18 PM
(0)
Expert

argie77 wrote:

George

You might want to stay where you are until you actually here the that channel has launched on Uverse.

For the most part people just post on here that they want something.  And then sooner or later it could show up.  Here is a link that you could try.

https://emailus.sbc.com/ermsfp/emailus?service=external/HomeUverse

argie77 wrote:

George

You might want to stay where you are until you actually here the that channel has launched on Uverse.

For the most part people just post on here that they want something.  And then sooner or later it could show up.  Here is a link that you could try.

https://emailus.sbc.com/ermsfp/emailus?service=external/HomeUverse

Re: Please add TyC to the lineup

2 of 8 (1,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2009 10:40:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am actually considering switching to DirectTV because of TyC Sports.

Do you get the same broadcast as in Argentina? Do they black out certain matches like World Cup qualifyers?

Do you get the same broadcast as in Argentina? Do they black out certain matches like World Cup qualifyers?

3 of 8 (1,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2009 2:09:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
Here it is another 2 good reasons to consider Directv: Globo international and PFC... actually these channels are carried by everyone in SouthFlorida ( Directv, Dish, Atlantic, Comcast ) other than Uverse
Here it is another 2 good reasons to consider Directv: Globo international and PFC... actually these channels are carried by everyone in SouthFlorida ( Directv, Dish, Atlantic, Comcast ) other than Uverse

4 of 8 (1,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2009 11:05:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

secchi777 wrote:

TyC International (on DirecTV) does not have the same programming as in Argentina.  It has more and less.  All first division matches, except the Sunday highlight match on Fox en Español, are shown, whereas in Argentina most are pay-per-view (TyC Max).

On the other hand, in Argentina they show World Cup qualifiers and Copa America, but the International feed does not.

secchi777 wrote:

TyC International (on DirecTV) does not have the same programming as in Argentina.  It has more and less.  All first division matches, except the Sunday highlight match on Fox en Español, are shown, whereas in Argentina most are pay-per-view (TyC Max).

On the other hand, in Argentina they show World Cup qualifiers and Copa America, but the International feed does not.

5 of 8 (1,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2009 7:11:17 PM
(0)
Guru
don't hold your breath waiting for this to come to Uverse..
don't hold your breath waiting for this to come to Uverse..

6 of 8 (1,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2009 10:35:55 AM
(0)
Scholar
I don't think att working with directtv will have anything to do with it. don't forget that att was working with dish before and it didn't make a difference
I don't think att working with directtv will have anything to do with it. don't forget that att was working with dish before and it didn't make a difference

7 of 8 (1,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 2:59:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

We need to keep calling customer service and mention WE Need TyC to be add.

Also, if you get surveys by email or by phone, make sure to write or say as a comment: to add this channel.

We need to keep calling customer service and mention WE Need TyC to be add.

Also, if you get surveys by email or by phone, make sure to write or say as a comment: to add this channel.

8 of 8 (780 Views)