Picture quality improvement

Scholar

Picture quality improvement

Is it just me or has the picture quality improved lately? 

Message 1 of 6 (617 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Picture quality improvement

blujacket wrote:

IMO, it's not just lately.  It's been better for about two years now.  I still see some oddities when a picture includes fences, wavy lines, block patterns and so on.  I never noticed that oddity with Comcast.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (605 Views)
ACE - Expert

blujacket wrote:

In the last 2 years they have added new processors at the head end for all the National channels that has increasd HD PQ.  They are doing the same to all the local channels, market by market. 

When I first got Uverse TV/HD in 2008, standing 2' from my 42" Panasonic plasma, it was a blotchy mess, now it's a good image at that distance, showing the improved HD PQ. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (517 Views)
Scholar

I'm in my 2nd year with Uverse, and it looks better. You could be right about local markets. We record our local CBS station alot and it seems to look better as of late

Message 4 of 6 (497 Views)
ACE - Professor

mibrnsurg wrote:

In the last 2 years they have added new processors at the head end for all the National channels that has increasd HD PQ.  They are doing the same to all the local channels, market by market. 

When I first got Uverse TV/HD in 2008, standing 2' from my 42" Panasonic plasma, it was a blotchy mess, now it's a good image at that distance, showing the improved HD PQ. Smiley Wink

Wow...yeah, I remember when my neighbor first got UV a few years ago. It was awful. He'd watch a lot of baskeball games and during fast action...ick...it looked like a big blur. The crowd in the back looked horrendous.

Message 5 of 6 (482 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

baseballisback wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

Wow...yeah, I remember when my neighbor first got UV a few years ago. It was awful. He'd watch a lot of baskeball games and during fast action...ick...it looked like a big blur. The crowd in the back looked horrendous.

That was happening on LCDs that had slow motion enhancement, never saw any of that on my Panasonic plasma w/a 480hz sub field drive.

In sports, on Uverse, 720p Networks(FOXs, ABC/ESPNs) tend to be better than 1080i Networks (CBS, TNT, TBS, all NBC channels) due to the fact the 1080i Networks need 10-20% more bandwidth to be equivalent to 720p. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 6 of 6 (442 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.