Helpful Links

Picture Freezing

Highlighted
Teacher

Picture Freezing

Once I have 2 simultaneous HD programs recording and one other TV watching a HD channel (so 3 HD streams), the picture freezes and locks up on the recordings and live TV. Impossible to watch. Have had AT&T out here several times but the problem keeps coming back.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Picture Freezing

bfogelstrom - It could be just about anything.
My favorite is a COAX problem - a hidden barrel connector or splicer. Maybe the COAX is connected to the wrong port. Of course, if you do not have COAX, that is out.

You can run UVRT & post your results - UVRT.com

Send a PM to attcustomercare using this link to call in the best of the best. http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Expert

bfogelstrom wrote:

Once I have 2 simultaneous HD programs recording and one other TV watching a HD channel (so 3 HD streams), the picture freezes and locks up on the recordings and live TV. Impossible to watch. Have had AT&T out here several times but the problem keeps coming back.

Call tech support at the phone number on my post and ask the CSR to run a test on your service for errors.  When they see errors request that a prem tech be sent out to check your install.

Message 3 of 5
Community Support

Hi bfogelstrom,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Over the last 4 yrs of our u-verse service, we have had repairman out about every three months.  We've heard everything from" it's the street lights causing the freezing... too much dust, all the equipment is rebuilt...."  We have considered switching back to comcast....we're still thinking it over.  I'm so sick of all the excuses, ideas, whatever....Repairman is

coming yet again tomorrow.....can't wait to hear the lastest reason for the crappy equipment.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support