Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted Feb 17, 2014
    8:54:41 AM
    View profile
    Phone number cancelled, nobody can tell me by who or why!

Spent an hour and a half on the phone today trying to find out why my land line was apparently disconnected by AT&T. It would have been less time but I was put on hold and hung up on TWICE, which is about par for whenever I call AT&T with a problem....

Anyway, back in December I was mailed a check by AT&T for about the equivalent of what I paid per month for my land line. I only ever used this line for a home security system and never used it to make calls. I called AT&T to ask them why they mailed me a check, the customer service rep told me that my phone and Uverse were going to be bundled together and thats why they did that and I would see the charges on my new bill.

Well here we are  Feb 17th and I received no additional charges on my Uverse bill, so I went home to check the land line and low and behold, I don’t have one!! No dial tone! I called number and it says its been disconnected. I called today to try to find out what happened and was told it was cancelled by somebody (not by me) apparently back in November. well actually I was told 2 stories, one person told me it was cancelled by somebody, another told me it was a mistake by AT&T and the order to bundle never went through.

So now I have a serious concern, did somebody at AT&T drop the ball, or did somebody call in to AT&T pretending to be me and do I have to be worried about identity theft. nobody at AT&T can give me a straight answer or give me any information as to how and why my phone line was disconnected. I can’t believe its the year 2014 and a company as large as AT&T has no records to show me what happened. nobody can verify how and why my number was cancelled? absolutely HORRIBLE SERVICE   

Phone number cancelled, nobody can tell me by who or why!

1 reply
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 17, 2014 9:35:53 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

They will get to the bottom of it for you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Phone number cancelled, nobody can tell me by who or why!

2 of 2 (514 Views)