Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 9, 2013
6:26:30 PM
View profile
Pathetic internet speed and service

This has got to be a joke.  I pay for 18/2 and I am currently getting 0.36 up, 0.26 down.  I mean, this is just pathetic.  Uverse has been an issue since day 1 for me, and the issues continue.  I know everyone will tell me to PM some super special customer service person, but I have done that, and have never heard from anyone.  I make calls through the standard customer service number and get dumb technicians out to my house that tell me nothing is wrong.

What do I need to do to actualy get decent internet speeds?  I can't do anything, and I have the pleasure of paying for this complete lack of service.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get to take another day off of work to wait around for a "tech" to come out to accomplish nothing.

This has got to be a joke.  I pay for 18/2 and I am currently getting 0.36 up, 0.26 down.  I mean, this is just pathetic.  Uverse has been an issue since day 1 for me, and the issues continue.  I know everyone will tell me to PM some super special customer service person, but I have done that, and have never heard from anyone.  I make calls through the standard customer service number and get dumb technicians out to my house that tell me nothing is wrong.

What do I need to do to actualy get decent internet speeds?  I can't do anything, and I have the pleasure of paying for this complete lack of service.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get to take another day off of work to wait around for a "tech" to come out to accomplish nothing.

Pathetic internet speed and service

2 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 7:45:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

Welcome to AT&T. Enjoy your stay.

Maybe a personal horror story will make you feel better.

I made over 80 cases with AT&T last year. This is not an embellishment.

We had a technician out over twenty times for the same issue. (High pings)

Tech didn't even know what a ping was. Nobody on the phone knew what a ping was. They replaced our modem and/or sent a tech out. We went through about 4 modmes, all with the same issue. 

We were always told it was "just our equipment". Bee ess.

Finally got a tech to plug in his console to our modem, showed him how to run a ping test via the cmd prompt, and showed him our outlandishly high pings. He admitted it wasn't our stuff. 

Now we're on uverse. The problem went away, but it came with an assortment of new problems.

Welcome to AT&T. Enjoy your stay.

Maybe a personal horror story will make you feel better.

I made over 80 cases with AT&T last year. This is not an embellishment.

We had a technician out over twenty times for the same issue. (High pings)

Tech didn't even know what a ping was. Nobody on the phone knew what a ping was. They replaced our modem and/or sent a tech out. We went through about 4 modmes, all with the same issue. 

We were always told it was "just our equipment". Bee ess.

Finally got a tech to plug in his console to our modem, showed him how to run a ping test via the cmd prompt, and showed him our outlandishly high pings. He admitted it wasn't our stuff. 

Now we're on uverse. The problem went away, but it came with an assortment of new problems.

Re: Pathetic internet speed and service

2 of 3 (465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 2:07:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jpasiczn wrote:

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your internet problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

jpasiczn wrote:

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your internet problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pathetic internet speed and service

3 of 3 (375 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments