Pace 3801HGV User Name and Password

Tutor

Pace 3801HGV User Name and Password

I am trying to connect a Q-SEE CCTV DVR to my modem using PPPoE.  It is asking for a user name and password.  I have used my ATT user name and password, the devise access code, neither work.  What is the correct ones to input?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: Pace 3801HGV User Name and Password

Here is a link to set up your DVR from Q-See: http://qsee.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/350/kw/default%20dvr%20password

It looks like the user name is "admin" and the password is "123456".  Both without the quotations.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

Thank you, however, that is not the problem.  The DVR  default connection to the network is using upnp but the ATT gateway does not support upnp.  I need to use PPPoE for the DVR to connect to my network.  In the PPPoE setup screen it is asking for a user name and password for the gateway.  I need to know what user name and password to use.  Below are the instructions without the pictures.

Thank you

1.4 PPPOE If you are going to attach the DVR directly to a DSL or cable modem instead of to a router then select the PPPOE option in the Network options. Before you proceed, you will need to contact your ISP to obtain your User Name and Password.

STEP 1. Select the Setup icon in the Main Menu.

STEP 2. Select the Network icon.

STEP 3. Check the box next to PPPoE.

STEP 4. Enter the User Name and Password obtained from your ISP in the fields below PPPoE

STEP 5. Click the Test button to verify your settings.

STEP 6. After receiving the OK message in the lower left of your screen, click on the Apply button to save your settings before exiting.

PICTURE 1-13 PICTURE

Message 3 of 7
Expert

You should not be attempting to use PPPoE. That is a WAN technology for modems to ISPs, it has nothing to do with a DVR.

Find your user manual for your Q-See DVR and follow the instructions to port forward for 2Wire routers. (This section is present in the manual for the QC series, you might have the QT or QS series which are slightly different).

Message 4 of 7
Tutor

I have QT series.   I says in the manual if the modem does not support plug n play to use PPPoE.  I logged on to the modem, it is not straight forward how to setup the DMZ port forwarding like it is in a Linksys router. 

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Expert

For the QT series, the manual specifies that you can either make the DVR the DMZPlus device, or you can manually open ports 85 and 6036.

1. Open a web browser, browse to the URL of your U-Verse® Residential Gateway (usually http://192.168.1.254).
  2. Click the Settings tab at the top.
  3. Click the Firewall label in the second row of tabs.
  4. Click the Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ label in the third row of tabs.
  5. Click on your DVR under section (1).  You will probably have to identify it by its IP address.
  6. Click the Allow Individual Applications button under section (2).
  7. Click Add a New User-Defined Application.
  8. Type "QT DVR" in the Application Profile Name field.
  9. Select TCP for the protocol.
  10. Type 85 in the Port From and Port To fields.
  11. Leave the Protocol Timeout field blank.
  12. Leave the Map to Host Port field blank.
  13. Do not select anything in the Application Type pull-down.
  14. Click the Add to List button.
  15. Select TCP for the protocol.
  16. Type 6036 in the Port From and Port To fields.
  17. Leave the Protocol Timeout field blank.
  18. Leave the Map to Host Port field blank.
  19. Do not select anything in the Application Type pull-down.
  20. Click the Add to List button.
  21. Click the Back button.
  22. Reselect your DVR under section (1).  You will probably have to identify it by its IP address.
  23. Click the Allow Individual Applications button under section (2).
  24. Click "QT DVR" in the Application list.
  25. Click the Add button.  QT DVR will now be listed in the Hosted Applications list.
  26. Click the Save button at the bottom.

You should now be able to connect to the DVR from the Internet using the DVR application, and use your outside IP address as the address to connect to.

Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Yes thank you,

I finally went to Q-sees support page and found the same updated as of 12/27/13 instructions.  Will try it tomorrow.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support