Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 15, 2014
1:25:09 PM
View profile
Pace/2wire 3801HGV Gateway Setup for Personal Router with working TV & Internet

Hello All,

I have been searching the forums, but can't seem to find anything that matches my exact situation. Basically, all I want to do is turn off the Att Wireless network and use my own router for internet access, but also be able to access my DVR from a wireless receiver.

I just brought a TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Wireless router and want to be able to use it instead of the Wireless network that Att provides. I had it working before by turning off the wireless on the 3801hgv, putting my tp-link in DMZplus mode, and connecting all devices to the new networks I set up.

The problem was, the DVR is still communicating with the 3801hgv or via it's own coax cable, and since my wireless receiver is on another network, none of my DVR functions work such as pausing or even accessing shows on the DVR.

I saw some article that says put the router in bridge mode, but it seems that isn't even an option for the model. I suppose I could turn wireless back on, and just connect everything but the TVs to the new networks, but I would prefer not to have 3 Wireless networks. 

So, can anyone provide a real solution that will let me disable the wireless from Att, use my new router, and still keep my DVR functionality on both TVs?

Hello All,

I have been searching the forums, but can't seem to find anything that matches my exact situation. Basically, all I want to do is turn off the Att Wireless network and use my own router for internet access, but also be able to access my DVR from a wireless receiver.

I just brought a TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Wireless router and want to be able to use it instead of the Wireless network that Att provides. I had it working before by turning off the wireless on the 3801hgv, putting my tp-link in DMZplus mode, and connecting all devices to the new networks I set up.

The problem was, the DVR is still communicating with the 3801hgv or via it's own coax cable, and since my wireless receiver is on another network, none of my DVR functions work such as pausing or even accessing shows on the DVR.

I saw some article that says put the router in bridge mode, but it seems that isn't even an option for the model. I suppose I could turn wireless back on, and just connect everything but the TVs to the new networks, but I would prefer not to have 3 Wireless networks. 

So, can anyone provide a real solution that will let me disable the wireless from Att, use my new router, and still keep my DVR functionality on both TVs?

Pace/2wire 3801HGV Gateway Setup for Personal Router with working TV & Internet

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 1:57:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

The DVR and the STB(set top boxes) must be connected to the ATT Gateway(Pace/2Wire 3801) and not your personal router. You can use your own router for internet by using these instuctions .

The DVR and the STB(set top boxes) must be connected to the ATT Gateway(Pace/2Wire 3801) and not your personal router. You can use your own router for internet by using these instuctions .

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pace/2wire 3801HGV Gateway Setup for Personal Router with working TV & Internet

2 of 3 (1,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 7:38:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even realize someone did respond to my question until now. I'll try these settings when I get home, thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even realize someone did respond to my question until now. I'll try these settings when I get home, thanks!

Re: Pace/2wire 3801HGV Gateway Setup for Personal Router with working TV & Internet

3 of 3 (1,259 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments