Helpful Links

PS3 suddenly stopped connecting and can no longer find access point

Tutor

PS3 suddenly stopped connecting and can no longer find access point

We have had ATT Uverse for over a year and have had absolutely no connection issues until a week ago.  The PS3 suddenly disconnected from the network and will not let us reconnect.  It says that "Access Point Cannot Be Detected.'  We have restarted the network, unplugged/replugged everything, given the PS3 a static IP address, forwarded every known PS3 port, connected it via ethernet, etc, but to no avail.  I took the PS3 to a friend's house and it connected to their nextwork within seconds so this does not appear to be a PS3 problem. But, every other device in our home connects just fine. I am baffled.  The PS3 forums do not have any answers so I am hoping someone here does.  I would appreciate any insight or tips you guys can provide - thanks so much!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 5

Re: PS3 suddenly stopped connecting and can no longer find access point

What model is your Uverse modem/router?

It sounds like someone enabled MAC filtering, that would be the only thing I can think of that would keep the PS from being allowed on the network on both wireless and wired connections.

Have you tried a "factory" reset on the modem/router?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Hi Joe and thanks for the quick response. Yessir, I have tried a factory reset but nothing changed. Mac filtering is not enabled and when this problem started I checked to see if the ps3 mac address was on the allowed devices list and it is. I am baffled. We were watching Netflix late one night when this happened. The modem is a Pace 3801 HGV.  I did read on one of the ps3 sites that pace is twitchy with the ps3 but I don't understand why this would occur after a year of problem - free use....

Message 3 of 5

ToshinTim wrote:

Hi Joe and thanks for the quick response. Yessir, I have tried a factory reset but nothing changed. Mac filtering is not enabled and when this problem started I checked to see if the ps3 mac address was on the allowed devices list and it is. I am baffled. We were watching Netflix late one night when this happened. The modem is a Pace 3801 HGV.  I did read on one of the ps3 sites that pace is twitchy with the ps3 but I don't understand why this would occur after a year of problem - free use....

Yup, that is definately some kind of weirdness.

If you don't mind I'll have this thread moved over to the Uverse community where I thihnk it will get better exposure. More eyes on the problem might come up with a solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Tutor

Thanks so much !
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support