PS3 suddenly stopped connecting and can no longer find access point

Tutor

PS3 suddenly stopped connecting and can no longer find access point

We have had ATT Uverse for over a year and have had absolutely no connection issues until a week ago.  The PS3 suddenly disconnected from the network and will not let us reconnect.  It says that "Access Point Cannot Be Detected.'  We have restarted the network, unplugged/replugged everything, given the PS3 a static IP address, forwarded every known PS3 port, connected it via ethernet, etc, but to no avail.  I took the PS3 to a friend's house and it connected to their nextwork within seconds so this does not appear to be a PS3 problem. But, every other device in our home connects just fine. I am baffled.  The PS3 forums do not have any answers so I am hoping someone here does.  I would appreciate any insight or tips you guys can provide - thanks so much!

Message 1 of 5 (355 Views)

Re: PS3 suddenly stopped connecting and can no longer find access point

What model is your Uverse modem/router?

It sounds like someone enabled MAC filtering, that would be the only thing I can think of that would keep the PS from being allowed on the network on both wireless and wired connections.

Have you tried a "factory" reset on the modem/router?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 5 (330 Views)
Tutor

Hi Joe and thanks for the quick response. Yessir, I have tried a factory reset but nothing changed. Mac filtering is not enabled and when this problem started I checked to see if the ps3 mac address was on the allowed devices list and it is. I am baffled. We were watching Netflix late one night when this happened. The modem is a Pace 3801 HGV.  I did read on one of the ps3 sites that pace is twitchy with the ps3 but I don't understand why this would occur after a year of problem - free use....

Message 3 of 5 (320 Views)
Highlighted

ToshinTim wrote:

Hi Joe and thanks for the quick response. Yessir, I have tried a factory reset but nothing changed. Mac filtering is not enabled and when this problem started I checked to see if the ps3 mac address was on the allowed devices list and it is. I am baffled. We were watching Netflix late one night when this happened. The modem is a Pace 3801 HGV.  I did read on one of the ps3 sites that pace is twitchy with the ps3 but I don't understand why this would occur after a year of problem - free use....

Yup, that is definately some kind of weirdness.

If you don't mind I'll have this thread moved over to the Uverse community where I thihnk it will get better exposure. More eyes on the problem might come up with a solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 4 of 5 (316 Views)
Tutor

Thanks so much !
Message 5 of 5 (315 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.