POP3 email issues - help needed!

Contributor

POP3 email issues - help needed!

We have four ATT/Bellsouth email accounts in out household. This morning one of the accounts was magically disabled. I went into out Uverse account and re-enabled this account. Then the password wouldn't work. I manually reset the password and it worked for about 30 minutes. Then the password stopped working again. I contact ATT chat support and after two password resets that wouldn't work I ended the chat, since I was at work. I manually went in and was able to reset the password again. The webmail started working but then all POP3 access stopped working for all accounts!

Anyone else having issues with their POP3?

Message 1 of 4 (318 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: POP3 email issues - help needed!

Get a gmail account and go the ATT/Yahoo webmail and forward everything to gmail.  Great POP3/SMTP at gmail and no hoops to jump through. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

^ That's exactly what I ended up doing last night. We have four email accounts with ATT and this was quite frankly the last straw with their email shenanigans. Their email service has always been a little flaky over the past 8.5 years with BellSo/ATT but we tolerated it. I wanted to switch to gmail etc. over the past couple of years due to their IMAP capabilities but other members of the household didn't want the inconvenience of changing email addresses.

My step-daughter (separate household) had similar issues last month with her ATT email account. So knowing this, this time everyone was fed up with it. Also, after discovering the forwarding option in the webmail access, we are migrating away from ATT email services. With the forwarding option we still get ATT email "access" but hopefully with the reliability of gmail while we migrate everything over. It should be a win-win for us. Hopefully, ATT won't randomly disable one of our accounts again.

It's too bad that ATT can't get their act together with their email service or perhaps that's their intention all along.

Message 3 of 4 (264 Views)
ACE - Expert

Problems have started since they stopped support of email clients back in 2011. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (242 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.