POP3 Email Now Failing

Mentor

POP3 Email Now Failing

I'm having trouble, unable to fetch my email via POP3 client, getting an "Invalid username or password" error message when trying to read using Thunderbird on my Windows 7 PC. I was actually able to read the messages once this morning from my Android smartphone (so I know it's not an actual username/password problem), but now even that is failing with a similar message.

I'm using the standard inbound.att.net servier, port 995, SSL connection, plaintext password. This has been working for the past year. For what it's worth, I have also been getting this error message occasionally when trying to send mail, but usually it works if I just retry it.

Are there any specific issues with Uverse email at this time?

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: POP3 Email Now Failing

If you are having issues with your client mail constantly stating the user name or password is incorrect, it could be an issue with your Email verification on AT&T. Sometimes a captcha triggers that has to be cleared. To get around this, you have to verify login on both sites:

1. Go to att.net and choose mail
  2. Login with your Email address and password
  3. Once you login, logout
  4. Go to mail.yahoo.com
  5. Login with your Email address and password
  6. Login with your Email client

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Mentor

Well, it seems to have "fixed itself" now, so apparently just a temporary glitch.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I am also having this problem through my Outlook.com mail. When I've searched Att, there is a message saying that free att.net accounts will no longer support POP service, but my att.net email is not free. Has att cut that service off for everybody, even those of us who are using a paid email address?

Message 4 of 6
Expert

Mine stopped working about a week ago or so, but it has been working fine for the past several days.  I didn't do anything to getit to start working again.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

angelmccoy2 wrote:

I am also having this problem through my Outlook.com mail. When I've searched Att, there is a message saying that free att.net accounts will no longer support POP service, but my att.net email is not free. Has att cut that service off for everybody, even those of us who are using a paid email address?

As noted above, try logging in to the web interface, then go back and see if POP then works.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support