Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 11, 2013
5:10:28 PM
Over 1 year of problems, still unresolved. Includes letter to Presidents office etc.
Edited by michael.mckim on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:15:56 PM

Not sure why I never posted on these forums, but I have been dealing with techs and CSR's over the phone and via the mail to the presidents office for over a year now and my problem is still unresolved.

I've given the details a million times and have been re-routed, hung up on and everything in between...so I'll try and keep this short.

We were forced to switch to Uverse, as regular SBC global DSL was no longer going to be availible. We have had problems with it since the very first day of the install.

Some things that I know that have been done:

Multiple modem swaps

Iso Bar install

Fresh CAT 5 line from the NID to a new installed jack in the house

Port swapped at the station twice

Line from the station to the NID switched from one location to another

Filters replaced

Self installed filter at the NID

Techs have had varied readings since this problem has started, one of which was supposedly a mistake showing there were multiple connections at my coordinates, both of those other addresses showing up were addresses of 2 other businesses that the tech had mentioned in the past as having problems with them too.

Currently have an NVG510 and a Pace 5031NV in house for modems, I tend to have considerably more problems with the NVG510 installed versus the 5031NV. 

The problem is the connection keeps dropping, constant retrains and desynchs. Sometimes we go days without a problem, and other times the net is completely unusable. From what I gather talking to the tech the last time he was here, his manager is ready to just wash his hands and put me back on the old DSL package. I do not want to go back to a slower speed or to regular DSL, Uverse is fine when it works, problem is getting it to work all of the time. We live in a rural area, so the speeds we get are already bad, and there isn't much other options out here.

Here is a link to my on going thread on DSL reports if you want to see more detailed information on the situation, and if you'd like to see the letter I wrote to the presidents office, I'll gladly share that, but mainly that letter just precludes to the starting of the Uverse problems, it was mainly written because of cellular service and customer service issues, but shows how long this Uverse debacle has been going on.

Open to any suggestions and help, I was told by some other techs that the best solution is a whole new install line from the station, which they say shouldn't be that difficult, but told me good luck convincing AT&T to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help or possible solutions!

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/r28567210-Forced-to-Switch-to-Uverse-Nothing-but-problems-from-d...

Also here's latest image from my DLS modems page, as you can see, retrains are all too often. I have noticed that the uncacelled echo is always different, but not sure what that means.

Not sure why I never posted on these forums, but I have been dealing with techs and CSR's over the phone and via the mail to the presidents office for over a year now and my problem is still unresolved.

I've given the details a million times and have been re-routed, hung up on and everything in between...so I'll try and keep this short.

We were forced to switch to Uverse, as regular SBC global DSL was no longer going to be availible. We have had problems with it since the very first day of the install.

Some things that I know that have been done:

Multiple modem swaps

Iso Bar install

Fresh CAT 5 line from the NID to a new installed jack in the house

Port swapped at the station twice

Line from the station to the NID switched from one location to another

Filters replaced

Self installed filter at the NID

Techs have had varied readings since this problem has started, one of which was supposedly a mistake showing there were multiple connections at my coordinates, both of those other addresses showing up were addresses of 2 other businesses that the tech had mentioned in the past as having problems with them too.

Currently have an NVG510 and a Pace 5031NV in house for modems, I tend to have considerably more problems with the NVG510 installed versus the 5031NV. 

The problem is the connection keeps dropping, constant retrains and desynchs. Sometimes we go days without a problem, and other times the net is completely unusable. From what I gather talking to the tech the last time he was here, his manager is ready to just wash his hands and put me back on the old DSL package. I do not want to go back to a slower speed or to regular DSL, Uverse is fine when it works, problem is getting it to work all of the time. We live in a rural area, so the speeds we get are already bad, and there isn't much other options out here.

Here is a link to my on going thread on DSL reports if you want to see more detailed information on the situation, and if you'd like to see the letter I wrote to the presidents office, I'll gladly share that, but mainly that letter just precludes to the starting of the Uverse problems, it was mainly written because of cellular service and customer service issues, but shows how long this Uverse debacle has been going on.

Open to any suggestions and help, I was told by some other techs that the best solution is a whole new install line from the station, which they say shouldn't be that difficult, but told me good luck convincing AT&T to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help or possible solutions!

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/r28567210-Forced-to-Switch-to-Uverse-Nothing-but-problems-from-day-1

Also here's latest image from my DLS modems page, as you can see, retrains are all too often. I have noticed that the uncacelled echo is always different, but not sure what that means.

Over 1 year of problems, still unresolved. Includes letter to Presidents office etc.

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 10:12:59 PM
(0)
Employee
A few questions, business or residential account? (Currently have two Rgs 510, 5031)

Residential accounts accounts can only have one service per address, business out of residential can have 1 residentialaccount and up to 4 business accounts each requiring separate services.

The 5031 is designated for vdsl accounts not adsl2+ as the 510 is the correct RG for these types of accounts.

A few questions, business or residential account? (Currently have two Rgs 510, 5031)

Residential accounts accounts can only have one service per address, business out of residential can have 1 residentialaccount and up to 4 business accounts each requiring separate services.

The 5031 is designated for vdsl accounts not adsl2+ as the 510 is the correct RG for these types of accounts.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Over 1 year of problems, still unresolved. Includes letter to Presidents office etc.

2 of 4 (231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 2:10:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

It is residential. We only have 1 active RG, I just happen to have 2 models in the house. The tech left both and told me to swap out for testing etc. The 510 was the original one we had, it is horrible all the way around. The 5031 is a much more robust RG, and has more technical details in the modems page for information.

They know I have both, and they said the 5031 was fine for this Uverse. In fact there is only 1 phone jack in the house as well, no other jacks or lines. Hope that clears it up!

Spoke with the tech today, his boss is suggesting something called a rip and re-do, something about cancelling my service, and re-doing it as a new service, that maybe there's a bug with the account or something, I am not sure exactly, and neither was he. He also mentioned getting Tier 2 involved I believe. 

It is residential. We only have 1 active RG, I just happen to have 2 models in the house. The tech left both and told me to swap out for testing etc. The 510 was the original one we had, it is horrible all the way around. The 5031 is a much more robust RG, and has more technical details in the modems page for information.

They know I have both, and they said the 5031 was fine for this Uverse. In fact there is only 1 phone jack in the house as well, no other jacks or lines. Hope that clears it up!

Spoke with the tech today, his boss is suggesting something called a rip and re-do, something about cancelling my service, and re-doing it as a new service, that maybe there's a bug with the account or something, I am not sure exactly, and neither was he. He also mentioned getting Tier 2 involved I believe. 

Re: Over 1 year of problems, still unresolved. Includes letter to Presidents office etc.

3 of 4 (207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 2:59:36 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi michael.mckim,

I can definitely look into that for you. If there is any account provisioning issue, we can definitely find and fix it without having to go through all of that. I will be sending you a private message to gather your account information.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi michael.mckim,

I can definitely look into that for you. If there is any account provisioning issue, we can definitely find and fix it without having to go through all of that. I will be sending you a private message to gather your account information.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (196 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments