Helpful Links

Outlook Email setting problems since Uverse switch

Teacher

Outlook Email setting problems since Uverse switch

My computer and phones were changed to Uverse plan this morning.  Ever since then my Outlook receives emails but won't allow me to send any.  Mine is an old Bellsouth.net account with incoming settings of pop.bellsouth.net, port 110 (which still works) and outgoing settings of mail.bellsouth.net, port 25 (which does NOT work since Uverse setup)  I don't think I should have to pay an ATT tech to fix this problem since it didn't start until they set up Uverse.  My business depends on being able to send emails and now it's out for a full day!!  That can add up to lots of $$$.  I've tried the settings they suggest for att.net customers but mine (as I said before) is not a att.net account name so it isn't working.  I've also tried the yahoo settings and those don't work either.  Anybody out there have a suggestion?

Message 1 of 46
ACE - Expert

Re: Outlook Email setting problems since Uverse switch

MasterYor wrote:

okay Texas guyu,, i've been tryuing to resolver this issue for weeks and your "solution" i.e.. link is not good....i have over 25 years as a p.c. consultant so i kinda have a clue....i've tried the inbound and outbound names and i simply cannot find  any combination that works....but for sure the stuff on their page DOES NOT work inOutlook 2010.

@MasterYor, I'm sorry that TexasGuy's 2 year old link no longer functions; however it probably gave outdated information anyway.  You can try this one:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568

Note that you now have to use SSL connections.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 46 of 46
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Additional Support