Helpful Links

Outlook Email setting problems since Uverse switch

Teacher

Outlook Email setting problems since Uverse switch

My computer and phones were changed to Uverse plan this morning.  Ever since then my Outlook receives emails but won't allow me to send any.  Mine is an old Bellsouth.net account with incoming settings of pop.bellsouth.net, port 110 (which still works) and outgoing settings of mail.bellsouth.net, port 25 (which does NOT work since Uverse setup)  I don't think I should have to pay an ATT tech to fix this problem since it didn't start until they set up Uverse.  My business depends on being able to send emails and now it's out for a full day!!  That can add up to lots of $$$.  I've tried the settings they suggest for att.net customers but mine (as I said before) is not a att.net account name so it isn't working.  I've also tried the yahoo settings and those don't work either.  Anybody out there have a suggestion?

Message 1 of 46
Expert

Re: Outlook Email setting problems since Uverse switch

Message 2 of 46
Teacher

I've been there already and tried those settings.  nothing is working.  The only way I can keep receiving email is to leave the settings on pop.bellsouth.net with the 110 port.  When I change that I get nothing.  Error messages over and over and over.  It's really frustrating.

Message 3 of 46
Expert

Those settings work.  You are missing something in your setup.  Which version of Outlook are you using?

Message 4 of 46
Teacher

2007.  The settings say to connect using my local LAN network.  nothing was changed when the tech was here this morning even though I asked him if it needed to be.  I can't even send email from my iPhone since he was here and set all this up.

Message 5 of 46
Highlighted
Expert

Review the screenshots for Outlook 2007 found in the link below.  Also, which U-verse gateway do you have?

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573&title=Setting+up+an+email+client+for+AT%26T+ema...

Message 6 of 46
Teacher

None of that worked either.  I got the same error messages that it cannot find the server.  I don't know what Uverse gateway means.  Where do I find it?

Message 7 of 46
Expert

The gateway is the router/modem.

Message 8 of 46
Teacher

It says ATT U-Verse and has an SSID name of 2wire724

Message 9 of 46
Expert

The model should be printed on the front of the gateway.  I have a 3801HGV.

Message 10 of 46
Teacher

Would that be "Power Cycle RG"?

Message 11 of 46
Teacher

I found those same numbers on mine:  380IHGV

Message 12 of 46
Expert

Ok, good.  All those settings should work with what you have.  I don't know why they are not working for you.

Message 13 of 46
Teacher

I called the ATT2020 number and their systems are down!  How much more frustrating can it get??  LOL!!  I guess I have to laugh because my blood pressure will probably blow my heart open tonight after all this stress!

Message 14 of 46
Mentor

Right now, there's a pending outage with intermittent authorization for both POP and SMTP for client mail. This was both through inbound.att.net, outbound.att.net and the older pop/smtp servers.

If you're really that frustrated with now being able to read your email currently, then use webmail until the outage is resolve. That's what it's there for. ymail.com and signin using your full email address and password.
Message 15 of 46
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support