Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 2, 2010
3:53:32 PM
Outgoing email smtp server for ATT?

Hey all,

When we had timewarner, my outgoing email was set to smtp-server.woh.rr.com.  Now, of course, I can't send email, so I was wandering what I set the ourgoing smtp server to for ATT?

Hey all,

When we had timewarner, my outgoing email was set to smtp-server.woh.rr.com.  Now, of course, I can't send email, so I was wandering what I set the ourgoing smtp server to for ATT?

Outgoing email smtp server for ATT?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 5:43:11 PM
(0)
Guru

Unless something has changed, the following info is what I was instructed.

Incoming (POP):  pop.att.yahoo.com

Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com

Incoming mail server:  POP3

Incoming mail port #: 995 (make sure secure connection (SSL) is checked)

Outgoing mail port #:  465 (make sure secure connection (SSL) is checked)

Hope this helps!

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

Unless something has changed, the following info is what I was instructed.

Incoming (POP):  pop.att.yahoo.com

Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com

Incoming mail server:  POP3

Incoming mail port #: 995 (make sure secure connection (SSL) is checked)

Outgoing mail port #:  465 (make sure secure connection (SSL) is checked)

Hope this helps!

docbombay

Re: Outgoing email smtp server for ATT?

2 of 6 (34,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 12:09:44 PM
(0)
Scholar

And don't forget to leave the checkbox empty where it says Secure Password Authentication.

And don't forget to leave the checkbox empty where it says Secure Password Authentication.

3 of 6 (34,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 4:20:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ii will try to update the port

Just a comment I was able to get exchange working. when I set the moden NVG510 to devfault server and pointed it to my SBS 2011.  how ever unable to turn off DHCP was an issue.  I did telnet into it and disabled the DHCP.  With default passthrough  exchange and internet worked.  but when I got Remote accesss didnt work.   the prot 443 was not being forward to my SBS.  so I changed the ippassthough to passthrough mode 443 access work but the internet quit.   So I desided to reset the modem get a sisco 5505 and try to setup the ip pass though to the router.  now everything is working but external sending email.  it was all working last week on port 25.   did something change on ATT side in teh past 4-5 days?????   

Ii will try to update the port

Just a comment I was able to get exchange working. when I set the moden NVG510 to devfault server and pointed it to my SBS 2011.  how ever unable to turn off DHCP was an issue.  I did telnet into it and disabled the DHCP.  With default passthrough  exchange and internet worked.  but when I got Remote accesss didnt work.   the prot 443 was not being forward to my SBS.  so I changed the ippassthough to passthrough mode 443 access work but the internet quit.   So I desided to reset the modem get a sisco 5505 and try to setup the ip pass though to the router.  now everything is working but external sending email.  it was all working last week on port 25.   did something change on ATT side in teh past 4-5 days?????   

4 of 6 (22,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 9:10:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just switched over from Cox, which allows from inside Cox network to send plain email through smtp.cox.net on port 25.  Why ATT does not allow email from its internal IP address to use plain smtp, does it worry inside its own network being hacked?  That is too much security.  A lot of network enabled devices does not support SSL enabled email.  By forcing everyone even from inside ATT network uses SSL email, that will cause inconvenience to customers.

I just switched over from Cox, which allows from inside Cox network to send plain email through smtp.cox.net on port 25.  Why ATT does not allow email from its internal IP address to use plain smtp, does it worry inside its own network being hacked?  That is too much security.  A lot of network enabled devices does not support SSL enabled email.  By forcing everyone even from inside ATT network uses SSL email, that will cause inconvenience to customers.

5 of 6 (14,705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 4:40:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

AT&T worries, quite rightly, about bots getting installed on home PCs and generating SPAM.

AT&T worries, quite rightly, about bots getting installed on home PCs and generating SPAM.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (14,676 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments