Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 7, 2013
11:51:09 AM
View profile
Outgoing Caller ID With No Name?
Edited by Dwight8 on Jul 7, 2013 at 12:50:51 PM

New to U-verse Voice, and when I call someone, their caller id shows my number, but instead of my name, it shows "unavailable" or "out of area". Shouldn't it show both name and number? Ported my decades old AT&T number when i switched to U-verse last week.

New to U-verse Voice, and when I call someone, their caller id shows my number, but instead of my name, it shows "unavailable" or "out of area". Shouldn't it show both name and number? Ported my decades old AT&T number when i switched to U-verse last week.

Outgoing Caller ID With No Name?

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 1:52:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Dwight8 - The number is sent from u-verse voice, but the name is added by a process/lookup at the other end. Seems like the disconnect took your name off the list & the add has not yet been processed at that location
Dwight8 - The number is sent from u-verse voice, but the name is added by a process/lookup at the other end. Seems like the disconnect took your name off the list & the add has not yet been processed at that location
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Outgoing Caller ID With No Name?

2 of 8 (505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 2:07:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

So do I need to do anything to add the name to the other end? Do I call ATT customer service and request this?

So do I need to do anything to add the name to the other end? Do I call ATT customer service and request this?

3 of 8 (504 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 2:22:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Dwight8 - Oh Yeah, sorry, lost focus, meant to say you need to have patience to wait for the wheels to grind & get updated all locations . Some locations may not be under att control.
Dwight8 - Oh Yeah, sorry, lost focus, meant to say you need to have patience to wait for the wheels to grind & get updated all locations . Some locations may not be under att control.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 2:46:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

So this should take place eventually without my intervention?

So this should take place eventually without my intervention?

5 of 8 (490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 3:41:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Dwight8 - Yes it should.
Dwight8 - Yes it should.

6 of 8 (480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 5:58:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

OK, thanks ACE.

OK, thanks ACE.

7 of 8 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 1:21:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am a new AT&T user, been on for about 2 months now.  When you say my name will eventually begin showing up on the outgoing caller ID - how long is eventually?  I would think 2 months would be plenty of time in the digital age.

I am a new AT&T user, been on for about 2 months now.  When you say my name will eventually begin showing up on the outgoing caller ID - how long is eventually?  I would think 2 months would be plenty of time in the digital age.

8 of 8 (202 Views)