Outgoing Caller ID With No Name?

Tutor

Outgoing Caller ID With No Name?

[ Edited ]

New to U-verse Voice, and when I call someone, their caller id shows my number, but instead of my name, it shows "unavailable" or "out of area". Shouldn't it show both name and number? Ported my decades old AT&T number when i switched to U-verse last week.

Message 1 of 8 (557 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Outgoing Caller ID With No Name?

Dwight8 - The number is sent from u-verse voice, but the name is added by a process/lookup at the other end. Seems like the disconnect took your name off the list & the add has not yet been processed at that location
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (524 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

So do I need to do anything to add the name to the other end? Do I call ATT customer service and request this?

Message 3 of 8 (523 Views)
ACE - Expert

Dwight8 - Oh Yeah, sorry, lost focus, meant to say you need to have patience to wait for the wheels to grind & get updated all locations . Some locations may not be under att control.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (518 Views)
Tutor

So this should take place eventually without my intervention?

Message 5 of 8 (509 Views)
ACE - Expert

Dwight8 - Yes it should.
Message 6 of 8 (499 Views)
Tutor

OK, thanks ACE.

Message 7 of 8 (483 Views)
Contributor

I am a new AT&T user, been on for about 2 months now.  When you say my name will eventually begin showing up on the outgoing caller ID - how long is eventually?  I would think 2 months would be plenty of time in the digital age.

Message 8 of 8 (221 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.