Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 13, 2014
7:52:46 PM
View profile
Outbound port 25

I just switched from your DSL to Uverse.  On my DSL line I had outgoing port 25 unblocked so I could send outgoing email to a couple of accounts I have that only support SMTP.  Who do I need to contact to get that set up on my Uverse?  I tried the regular support chat and they said I'd need to go to Connect Tech.  There's no way I'm getting roped into that.  I'm also mad at myself for not checking outgoing mail before the installer left.  ::sigh::

I just switched from your DSL to Uverse.  On my DSL line I had outgoing port 25 unblocked so I could send outgoing email to a couple of accounts I have that only support SMTP.  Who do I need to contact to get that set up on my Uverse?  I tried the regular support chat and they said I'd need to go to Connect Tech.  There's no way I'm getting roped into that.  I'm also mad at myself for not checking outgoing mail before the installer left.  ::sigh::

Outbound port 25

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 8:21:32 PM
(0)
Employee

The installer does not have access to change port 25, only those in support...best Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm or Saturday 8am to 5pm for US support, after hours would be Phillipianes.

I am a premise tech not a call center support rep, it is possible this has been removed from the standard responsibility of general support and requires advance support.... connect tech.

The installer does not have access to change port 25, only those in support...best Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm or Saturday 8am to 5pm for US support, after hours would be Phillipianes.

I am a premise tech not a call center support rep, it is possible this has been removed from the standard responsibility of general support and requires advance support.... connect tech.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Outbound port 25

2 of 3 (294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 8:33:25 PM
(0)
Employee

uverse uses inbound.att.net port 995 and outbound.att.net port 465

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&cv=804&title=Email+server+settings+%28POP+and+S...

Above link does refer to ConneTech for assistance in changes.

uverse uses inbound.att.net port 995 and outbound.att.net port 465

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&cv=804&title=Email+server+settings+%28POP+and+SMTP%29#fbid=cLwTs9a_Kjd

Above link does refer to ConneTech for assistance in changes.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Outbound port 25

3 of 3 (288 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments