Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 17, 2014
9:18:49 AM
View profile
Ordering/Installation of Gigapower a Nightmare
Edited by smp1122 on Mar 17, 2014 at 9:19:12 AM

I thought ordering Gigapower was bad....it took a total of 5 phone calls and over 2 hours of hold time to get it all set up.  Each time I spoke with a new customer service rep they had a different way of creating the order.  Finally my installation day arrived.  I had had 3 reminder calls which is great.  The service techs show up earlier that scheduled which is also awesome.  They were fast, friendly and courteous.  BUT it took a total of 9, count them 9 hours to install which I had to remain at the house for.  It was ridiculous.  Apparently someone had "taken my order" and they had to wait for the whole thing to be reset again.  I have never seen anything like it and I felt so bad for those guys just having to sit outside my house all day waiting on some magic to happen.  If I had to do it over again, I would not do it.  I was not that unhappy with what I had I just thought I would enjoy the upgrade package. 

I thought ordering Gigapower was bad....it took a total of 5 phone calls and over 2 hours of hold time to get it all set up.  Each time I spoke with a new customer service rep they had a different way of creating the order.  Finally my installation day arrived.  I had had 3 reminder calls which is great.  The service techs show up earlier that scheduled which is also awesome.  They were fast, friendly and courteous.  BUT it took a total of 9, count them 9 hours to install which I had to remain at the house for.  It was ridiculous.  Apparently someone had "taken my order" and they had to wait for the whole thing to be reset again.  I have never seen anything like it and I felt so bad for those guys just having to sit outside my house all day waiting on some magic to happen.  If I had to do it over again, I would not do it.  I was not that unhappy with what I had I just thought I would enjoy the upgrade package. 

Ordering/Installation of Gigapower a Nightmare

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 9:17:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
Congratulations on actually getting the install completed and kudos to your technicians for sticking around until the job was done.
Congratulations on actually getting the install completed and kudos to your technicians for sticking around until the job was done.

Re: Ordering/Installation of Gigapower a Nightmare

2 of 2 (642 Views)