Only getting local channels

Only getting local channels

[ Edited ]

This just started happening a few minutes ago. Everything except local channels went out on me here in Houston, TX area. The screen on non local channels says the TV signal has been lost. A call to U-Verse TV support @ 800.288.2020 just gives me a busy signal. Rebooted gateway & receivers, no luck.

Message 2 of 138 (4,649 Views)
Teacher

Re: Only getting local channels

Appreciate your response to our concerns; hope we have tv soon!  (since this trouble; amazed at how much tv I watch!!!)?

Message 121 of 138 (1,137 Views)
Teacher

Thank you !!!
Message 122 of 138 (1,114 Views)
Contributor

Just started about 1PM, Local channels only. Tried reset box, tried turning off modum, tried calling (what a joke that is).
Took me awhile to get this far. How do we know what happened and when will it be fixed?
Message 123 of 138 (1,084 Views)
Teacher

I hate that I feel the need to defend AT&T, they are not my favorite company. I worked the Windows 98 support lines the week it shipped and regardless of whether the product was good or not, the phone lines were jammed. I worked for a 3rd party company that handled overflow calls and some people had over a 2 hour wait to get through to the que. When there is a massive launch or outage the people working the phones do the best they can.

My biggest complaint about this situation is that UVerse should have a board topic or communication system setup to check on outages and ETA on repair. Even if you have lost all UVerse services most of the population has alternate internet access through their cell phone and could at least get answers without the phone calls jamming the service.

Typically I judge whether there is an outage or if it's just me by calling and seeing if there is a long wait. If there it than I figure it's more than just me, if you get through in 5 minutes or less it's probably just your service.

As well as people prepare for outages at companies, it is virtually impossible to account for every situation. I have had the same issues at one time or another with EVERY Internet and Cable provider I have ever had in the last 40 or so years. Do I want my stuff to work ALL the time? of course I do. Am I happy about outages? Of course not. Do you think the AT&T or any other company wants a reputation for constant outages? Of course they don't.
Message 124 of 138 (1,082 Views)
Contributor

Poor Customer Service

My area experienced a wide-spread outage of all U-verse service this morning. As a result there was very high call volume for help. When I finally got thru to the automated system, it tried to trouble shoot with no success. Why wasn't there a message regarding the outage on the system. This would have alleviated my anger at the response. With all the automation, there's no reason that the phone system can't add a message that says they're experiencing problems in "name of area" and are working on it. This would probably reduce the number of repeat calls to find out what is going on. The cable company that I formerly used could at least get this right. If you know it's widespread, you don't have to waste your time on hold.

Message 125 of 138 (1,044 Views)
ACE - Scholar

All the channels are back on.  You just need to wait.  That is what I did rather then waste my time calling.  All cable companies have technical issues from time to time.  The fact that local channels were coming in is a good indicator that it is not my rg or receivers as if the rg or receiver failed you would not get any channels.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 126 of 138 (1,066 Views)
Teacher

Still out in Austin, Tx Smiley Sad Hopefully soon Smiley Happy
Message 127 of 138 (1,045 Views)
Scholar

Everything is OK here on Cleveland Ohio. Had no issues.
Message 128 of 138 (990 Views)
Tutor

Channels are back in Houston at this writing --BUT -- not all channels.  A few HBO channels are not back, while most are.  Some other miscellaneous channels are also not back. Sounds like the "power outage" caused other problems.

Message 129 of 138 (970 Views)
Community Support

[ Edited ]

It’s been resolved but can take a moment to be reflected on your TV. Please keep us in the loop if you don’t see an update soon.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out here in the Forums by sending us a Private Message or checking out our Chat Support.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 130 of 138 (912 Views)
Teacher

Yea !! Austin channels are back Smiley Happy except for CNN - have CNNI, but not CNN. . . .may be next to re-appear Smiley Happy
Message 131 of 138 (900 Views)
Teacher

the only problem with the troubleshoot and resolve feature is that due to your "outage" it didn't work today for anyone,.... stop blowing spmoke up our rear ends pls...

Message 132 of 138 (860 Views)
Teacher

that would be great dude, HAD IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! I TRIED IT SEVERAL TIMES AND IT KEPT SAYING SORRY NOT WORKING... SO YEAH IT MAY HELP FOR OTHER ISSUES, BUT IT DID NOT HELP THE NATIONWIDE OUTAGE.
Message 133 of 138 (855 Views)
Teacher

Found this: When reached for comment, an AT&T spokesperson explained the outage, "Due to a power-related issue triggered by a third-party at our video hub, U-verse customers may be experiencing a loss of national channels. Technicians are working to resolve the issue and we expect to have service fully restored by early afternoon. We apologize for this inconvenience."

Cannot figure why they would not post this on the forum here!

Message 134 of 138 (829 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

13rob13 wrote:

Found this: When reached for comment, an AT&T spokesperson explained the outage, "Due to a power-related issue triggered by a third-party at our video hub, U-verse customers may be experiencing a loss of national channels. Technicians are working to resolve the issue and we expect to have service fully restored by early afternoon. We apologize for this inconvenience."

Cannot figure why they would not post this on the forum here!

PLEASE SEE PAGE 4 OF THIS THREAD (NOTE TIME POSTED): 

Hello, everyone!

Due to a power-related issue triggered by a third-party at our video hub, U-verse customers may be experiencing a loss of national channels. Technicians are working to resolve the issue and we expect to have service fully restored by early afternoon. We apologize for this inconvenience.

-Mariana

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 135 of 138 (766 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.