Only getting local channels

Only getting local channels

[ Edited ]

This just started happening a few minutes ago. Everything except local channels went out on me here in Houston, TX area. The screen on non local channels says the TV signal has been lost. A call to U-Verse TV support @ 800.288.2020 just gives me a busy signal. Rebooted gateway & receivers, no luck.

Message 2 of 138 (4,650 Views)
Tutor

Re: Only getting local channels

So there is one center for the entire country?  I appreciate the fact you are at least responding, but AT&T should be prepared for a power issue; especially one that takes the whole country down.

Message 76 of 138 (1,218 Views)
ACE - Expert

63010zelli wrote:
I would also like to know how a power outage in one location knocks out the whole country.

Because all the non-local channels are fed from a single location for every locality served by U-verse.

However, I'm sure there will be some internal 'splainin' to do about why the power backup systems did not function appropriately.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 77 of 138 (1,184 Views)
Tutor

Sorry, was trying to make light of people missing HGTV

Message 78 of 138 (1,182 Views)
Teacher

Mulder, Thanks for giving us some update and its working again!!!!!!!!!

Message 79 of 138 (1,162 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

I still can't get the Hallmark Channel or the NHL Network.  Smiley Mad

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 80 of 138 (1,154 Views)
Mentor

On the bright side, I have had AT&A U-Verse about 7 months and this is the first outage I have experienced. Back when I had Comcast there was an outage at least once a month.

Now that we know what the problem is and that they are working on it I feel sorry for the AT&T employees who need to deal with the irate customers.  And, maybe it's a hint that I should be doing something more productive this morning than watching TV....

Message 81 of 138 (1,121 Views)
Employee

dwinth wrote:

I still can't get the Hallmark Channel or the NHL Network.  Smiley Mad

Now that would have been a surprise!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 82 of 138 (1,120 Views)

I have the same problem here. I am in Lubbock Texas. I can't get through to ATT on phone and att.com/ufix keeps saying it is unavailable. This must be a national outage. GREAT!

Message 83 of 138 (1,105 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Still not working in the Houston area... at least not for me... just tried a few channels... nothing.. tried a few more and I have them but stilll not on a few other... Only some are back

Message 84 of 138 (1,104 Views)

Hello,

San Diego just came back on on all channels -bn-

Message 85 of 138 (1,085 Views)
Tutor

Same problem this morning near Canton, Ohio.  No cable channels working; just local.  Tried to call, and got a busy signal.  I guess now I know why!  Seems to be a wide-spread problem.  

Message 86 of 138 (1,025 Views)
Contributor

out in south florida too.

How long till service is back?

Message 87 of 138 (1,003 Views)
Tutor

Re: Is anyone experiencing uvese tv outage in Charlotte,NC ??

seems to be happening all over the states. same in Green bay. 

Message 88 of 138 (986 Views)
Tutor

Tried cable channels again; problem seems to be resolved, at least in Canton, OH.

Message 89 of 138 (985 Views)
Tutor

It's not working everywhere - some channels back, but not all.  Here in TN still have some out.

Message 90 of 138 (982 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.