Helpful Links

Only getting local channels

Only getting local channels

This just started happening a few minutes ago. Everything except local channels went out on me here in Houston, TX area. The screen on non local channels says the TV signal has been lost. A call to U-Verse TV support @ 800.288.2020 just gives me a busy signal. Rebooted gateway & receivers, no luck.

Message 2 of 138
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Only getting local channels

I would also like to know how a power outage in one location knocks out the whole country.
Message 61 of 138
Professor

Yup at 11AM EST lost all except for locals in Jenison MI

Message 62 of 138
Teacher

I don't undertsand why there was no redundancy in place for this sort of issue, and why is it NOT being put up at the Uverse site as to what is going on, this forum is the only place where information is being posted and only by one person.  People are upset, most don't know about the forums, so they are sitting at home being frustrated, unable to find any information.  PLS put something up at the main Uverse page, AND get some redundancy in place so that this does not happen again.

Message 63 of 138

Is there any kind of estimate on when this can be solved? We will need AT&T to credit us for loss of service if this continues much longer.

Message 64 of 138

we are getting the bare minimum channels probably coming through local Cable.  I can't get in touch with anyone from ATT Uverse.  The channels were all working fine earlier this morning.

Message 65 of 138
Tutor

What's U-Verse?

Message 66 of 138
Tutor

Re: Is anyone experiencing uvese tv outage in Charlotte,NC ??

This is all over Indiana, tx , ca, ark, seen it on other postings
Message 67 of 138
Tutor

Re: Is anyone experiencing uvese tv outage in Charlotte,NC ??

WI - out here too. Internet still works, but TV is out.
Message 68 of 138
Employee

spdmonk wrote:

What's U-Verse?

Really?!?! Smiley Very Happy

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 69 of 138
Tutor

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how much faster the U-Verse Internet is running, mines actually maxing at 24.74/4.61, highest i've ever gotten.

Message 70 of 138
Voyager

Thanx Fox Mulder! 

Message 71 of 138
Tutor

Service JUST came back.  A few minutes before first pitch.  Cutting it close there guys.  I HIGHLY suggest investing in a UPS for the main servers, or some redundancy there.  Let's not let this happen again.

Message 72 of 138

Same thing in Michigan but:

As soon as I clicked on this thread though everything came back up and running. All the channels are working now.

Message 73 of 138
Teacher

Smiley LOL I have to aggres with Mulder

Message 74 of 138
Scholar

Some channels are now working for me.

Message 75 of 138
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Additional Support