Only getting local channels

Only getting local channels

[ Edited ]

This just started happening a few minutes ago. Everything except local channels went out on me here in Houston, TX area. The screen on non local channels says the TV signal has been lost. A call to U-Verse TV support @ 800.288.2020 just gives me a busy signal. Rebooted gateway & receivers, no luck.

Message 2 of 138 (4,652 Views)
Tutor

Re: Only getting local channels

Me too, not that it is that life shattering....seems like a simple notification on the web site would be simpler that thousands of unanswered phone calls.

Message 46 of 138 (1,851 Views)

Ohio, too!

Message 47 of 138 (1,806 Views)
Tutor

Same problem in Napa area of northern California.   None of the fixes work.  
A response from ATT would be nice.

Message 48 of 138 (1,788 Views)
Employee

Video Operations Center.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 49 of 138 (1,784 Views)
Tutor

Same here in Uncasville, CT. Only local channels. I switched to U-Verse from Metrocast Cable after Metrocast dropped the MLB Network, and the YES Network which shows the Yankees games. Looks like I was not going to be allowed to watch the Home Opener no matter what. Really very disappointing that they don't have a back-up service located somewhere in case this happens again.
Message 50 of 138 (1,780 Views)

Same happening in St. Louis. Seems to be national problem, or at very least central states. Did AT&T get hacked?

Message 51 of 138 (1,773 Views)
Tutor

Having the same issue in Connecticut. Too bad they don't have enough common sense and common courtesy to posit details and updates on their website!

Message 52 of 138 (1,763 Views)
Teacher

I checked ALL over the website and nothing I had to come here to find out what was going on.  sigh... at least someone here knows something, I just don't get how a power outtage at one location effects the whole nation's service.  Would make more sense to have more than ONE location in case this happens, it is called redundancy and it works.  Redundant networking makes more sense to me, but...

Message 53 of 138 (1,760 Views)
Tutor

Re: What is wrong with U-verse cable channels?

My cable is out too. It's been out since this morning and I can't get any help or answers. At+t phone says experiencing high number of calls!

Message 54 of 138 (1,738 Views)
Teacher

Same here in Austin, TX. Appears to be a major issue! It doesn't help that ATT doesn't respond and cannot access customer support. Chat is not avail. Troubleshooting app errors out. And I have been on hold at customer support now for over 51 minutes and counting.  It would be an strong recommendation for ATT to provide some proactive notification to customers of their awareness of the issue and plans to resolve, if only to decongest the support channels causing further client frustration.

Thanks.

Message 55 of 138 (1,716 Views)

No service here in Memphis Tn either, only local channels. Thank goodness the internet is still working so we can at least find out what's happening via the forums!!

Message 56 of 138 (1,650 Views)
Employee

Please read my posts above yours

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 57 of 138 (1,647 Views)
Teacher

If it's country wide I can understand a larger call volume. Again thanks to fox we atleast know what is going on.

Message 58 of 138 (1,639 Views)
Contributor

Is anyone experiencing uvese tv outage in Charlotte,NC ??

Is anyone else experiencing u-verse tv outage in Charlotte, NC ?

Message 59 of 138 (1,421 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Same here in Columbus Ohio. VERY frustrating, but thanks to ATT rep for letting us know here.

Message 60 of 138 (1,578 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.