Only getting local channels

Only getting local channels

[ Edited ]

This just started happening a few minutes ago. Everything except local channels went out on me here in Houston, TX area. The screen on non local channels says the TV signal has been lost. A call to U-Verse TV support @ 800.288.2020 just gives me a busy signal. Rebooted gateway & receivers, no luck.

Message 2 of 138 (4,651 Views)
Tutor

Re: Only getting local channels

Same here in Green Bay, Wisconsin... just locals and can't contact via phone or live chat... hopefully it won't last too long... 

Message 31 of 138 (2,148 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the update. Do you know when you might have the issue resolved?

Message 32 of 138 (2,066 Views)
Mentor

Thanks to the AT&T person for the reply to this discussion.

Message 33 of 138 (2,057 Views)
ACE - Master

Looks like the same problem here in the Dallas area....local channels only.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 34 of 138 (2,038 Views)
Teacher

I hope he don't get in trouble for being nice enough to lets us know what went on.

Message 35 of 138 (2,032 Views)
Contributor

same here in L.A. glad to know it's not just me.  

Message 36 of 138 (2,024 Views)
Employee

ALL: power was interrupted at the VOC and all National Channels are down and still remain down. Efforts are underway to restore the power and reset the equipment as quickly as possible.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 37 of 138 (1,998 Views)

Re: Only local channels working on uverse

I'm located in TN. same here. Locals are fine just no cable channels. Tried calling customer service but they are not taking any calls. First time it was busy. suggested that I try the website. someone else posted that the chat is busy also.

Message 38 of 138 (1,970 Views)
Tutor

Why am I only getting local channels on uVerse today?

I am only getting local channels.  Screen says that signal has been lost and gives me options to reset which have not worked.  What is going on with uVerse TV?

Message 39 of 138 (1,854 Views)

Re: Only local channels working on uverse

Me too. I've tried calling customer service and got a busy signal multiple times before finally getting in. When I pressed 1 for English, it rang and then told me my call could not be complete as dialed.

Getting kinda ticked here.

Message 40 of 138 (1,958 Views)
BCJ
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Thank you

Will ATT U-verse customers receive a credit on their account for the inconvenience?

Message 41 of 138 (1,941 Views)
Tutor

I thought I was the only one. Glad to see it's not just me. Are you getting a code as well that says something like GUID: 43f77b0b-89ef-42f7-846b-3ad99411882a ?

Message 42 of 138 (1,937 Views)
Teacher

Hi. Need Support?!

Hi. Is there a broad reaching problem with U-Verse TV today? Why can I not reach support today? My Uverse TV is down. Chat says no agents available and no option to wait. Have been on hold 45 minutes thus far with no answer at support.  Have done all the troubleshooting and attempted to use troubleshoot app but it timed out with an error saying try again later.  Not cool! Please help.

Message 43 of 138 (1,783 Views)
Mentor

Fox Mulder(AT&T rep):  Please let us know what VOC stands for. Thank you.

Message 44 of 138 (1,885 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

First Hallmark, then the NHL Network, then ESPN 3D, then no Al Jazeera, and now no channels at all. This is AT$T's plan to charge us multiple hundreds of dollars each month, and just give us only local channels (and no sub-channels to boot). I see through their whole dastardly, evil plan.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 45 of 138 (1,880 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.