Online gaming data usage

Tutor

Online gaming data usage

Hello.  We are about to have U-Verse installed.  I am reading about the 250 data usage cap, which seems not to be enforced at the moment.

I am concerned about playing online games.  How much data does that use up per hour?

If the cap is enforced, I am afraid I might run over my allotment by playing games online.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (1,028 Views)

Re: Online gaming data usage

TimmyR wrote:

Hello.  We are about to have U-Verse installed.  I am reading about the 250 data usage cap, which seems not to be enforced at the moment.

I am concerned about playing online games.  How much data does that use up per hour?

If the cap is enforced, I am afraid I might run over my allotment by playing games online.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Don't worry about it. Gaming online will not be that big of an impact on your usage.

Downloading/streaming movies, or downloading game iso's, will use far more than just gaming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 3 (977 Views)
Guru

Re: Online gaming data usage

Currently, the 250GB data usage statistic is not being enforced. It has not been for the last few years - I don't recall if it was ever enforced. For DSL it is, for UV it is not. Unlimited usage is actually a selling point in Sales for U-verse currently.
Message 3 of 3 (946 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.