Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 17, 2013
7:09:39 PM
View profile
Online Guide Issue:Sorry, the show is not available for your local TV listing.

Recently, I've been randomly getting this error when using the web to schedule recordings on local channels.  I have no problems scheduling the same recording using my remote.  Two significant events have happened since the problem arose:  I switched from U300 to U450 and I had to have a faulty DVR replaced.  I'm hoping to resolve this in this forum rather than spending hours explaining my situation and troubleshooting ridiculous possibilities over the phone.  I'm assuming this is online guide-related rather than account-related since all is well when using the remote.

Recently, I've been randomly getting this error when using the web to schedule recordings on local channels.  I have no problems scheduling the same recording using my remote.  Two significant events have happened since the problem arose:  I switched from U300 to U450 and I had to have a faulty DVR replaced.  I'm hoping to resolve this in this forum rather than spending hours explaining my situation and troubleshooting ridiculous possibilities over the phone.  I'm assuming this is online guide-related rather than account-related since all is well when using the remote.

Online Guide Issue:Sorry, the show is not available for your local TV listing.

27 replies
(7) Me too
(7) Me too
View all replies
(27)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 7:23:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Add this to the list of problems with uverse.com. I too, have experienced it.
Add this to the list of problems with uverse.com. I too, have experienced it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Online Guide Issue:Sorry, the show is not available for your local TV listing.

2 of 28 (2,536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 4:20:01 PM
(0)
Voyager

I too am having the same problem, but have had no changes to my set-up.   The guide on the TV works fine, but I cannot get the info on my laptop.  Where do we go to get the answer?

I too am having the same problem, but have had no changes to my set-up.   The guide on the TV works fine, but I cannot get the info on my laptop.  Where do we go to get the answer?

Re: Online Guide Issue:Sorry, the show is not available for your local TV listing.

3 of 28 (2,467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 10:39:01 PM
(0)
Scholar

KJinthe417 wrote:

We have had this problem also.  That being said we have found a another way to schedule are shows on the web when you go into your DVR web site (we are using ATT net yahoo) click on the DVR icon in the upper left corner, it will bring down a menu that shows recorded shows and scheduled shows, click on scheduled shows below that you find a line that says schedule more shows click on that and it will take you into a guide that you can schedule your shows. Hope it works for you

KJinthe417 wrote:

We have had this problem also.  That being said we have found a another way to schedule are shows on the web when you go into your DVR web site (we are using ATT net yahoo) click on the DVR icon in the upper left corner, it will bring down a menu that shows recorded shows and scheduled shows, click on scheduled shows below that you find a line that says schedule more shows click on that and it will take you into a guide that you can schedule your shows. Hope it works for you

4 of 28 (2,439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 7:27:11 AM
(0)
Employee
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 28 (2,415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 8:17:22 AM
(0)
Scholar

Fox Mulder wrote:

Use this one:

http://uverseonline.att.net/guide

This link does is the same thing as before. Still get the same error message for the local channels. The only way we can get in is to use the method i described in my previous post.

Fox Mulder wrote:

Use this one:

http://uverseonline.att.net/guide

This link does is the same thing as before. Still get the same error message for the local channels. The only way we can get in is to use the method i described in my previous post.

6 of 28 (2,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 8:22:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Hey Fox,
Thanks for the good news. I tried that & it does work. Isn't that the same link? You are going direct instead of uverse.com then clicking tv listings. That is working now,too.
Hey Fox,
Thanks for the good news. I tried that & it does work. Isn't that the same link? You are going direct instead of uverse.com then clicking tv listings. That is working now,too.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 28 (2,402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 8:46:55 AM
(0)
Employee

It seems to be an intermittent issue. The other day, If I logged IN, I couldn't see the information, but when i logged out, I could. It seems to be working now. I'll send you a PM

It seems to be an intermittent issue. The other day, If I logged IN, I couldn't see the information, but when i logged out, I could. It seems to be working now. I'll send you a PM

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 28 (2,392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 9:25:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

Fox Mulder wrote:

Are you talking about using the my DVR icon. TV listings does not work for us still get the same error message even using the icon sometimes we have log out then back into make it work.

Fox Mulder wrote:

Are you talking about using the my DVR icon. TV listings does not work for us still get the same error message even using the icon sometimes we have log out then back into make it work.

9 of 28 (2,368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 4:59:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Add me to the list.  I can't seem to find a way around this one

Add me to the list.  I can't seem to find a way around this one

10 of 28 (2,305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 3:17:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Then try the Web Remote, it's still there:  http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/ Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Then try the Web Remote, it's still there:  http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/ Smiley Surprised

Chris

Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

11 of 28 (2,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 5:01:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

I can't record any programs at all from the web because of this bug.  Serach listings doesn't work either but I'll find another thread for that complaint.

Some of you mentioned going through yahoo.  It asks me for a yahoo login, which I don't have.  If I create a yahoo account how do I link it to my u-verse account?

I can't record any programs at all from the web because of this bug.  Serach listings doesn't work either but I'll find another thread for that complaint.

Some of you mentioned going through yahoo.  It asks me for a yahoo login, which I don't have.  If I create a yahoo account how do I link it to my u-verse account?

12 of 28 (2,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 5:23:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
mhahnca - No, it is not a Yahoo log-in. It is the same att log-in
mhahnca - No, it is not a Yahoo log-in. It is the same att log-in

13 of 28 (2,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 6:30:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

If I use my same ATT login on the yahoo url in the previous posting,  I get "Sorry, your account does not allow you to sign in to AT&T Yahoo!".  

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I have only U-Verse TV and not internet.  There are several options on my set-top-box that cause my box to go haywire for the same reason.

If I use my same ATT login on the yahoo url in the previous posting,  I get "Sorry, your account does not allow you to sign in to AT&T Yahoo!".  

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I have only U-Verse TV and not internet.  There are several options on my set-top-box that cause my box to go haywire for the same reason.

14 of 28 (2,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 6:42:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
mhahnca - Yeah, that is correct. To tie the internet & TV together required subscription to both. But, all this started with you have access to uverse.com, but it is broken. I knew it was broken but did not realize it is fully available to anyone. I guess I should have when I noticed some programming can be watched without any subscription to U-verse.

mhahnca - Yeah, that is correct. To tie the internet & TV together required subscription to both. But, all this started with you have access to uverse.com, but it is broken. I knew it was broken but did not realize it is fully available to anyone. I guess I should have when I noticed some programming can be watched without any subscription to U-verse.

15 of 28 (2,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 8:43:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

The web remote is what we ended up with. My bad i should have stated that in my other attempts to state how i got to it. It works ok although sometimes i have to wait for it to reset itself. also i should have stated we are using IE10 and YAHOO.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

The web remote is what we ended up with. My bad i should have stated that in my other attempts to state how i got to it. It works ok although sometimes i have to wait for it to reset itself. also i should have stated we are using IE10 and YAHOO.

16 of 28 (2,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 8:07:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

That link does work, but is painfully slow and visually unappealing.  I have the luxury of using the mobile app and/or Slingbox for any emergency local channel recordings.

That link does work, but is painfully slow and visually unappealing.  I have the luxury of using the mobile app and/or Slingbox for any emergency local channel recordings.

17 of 28 (2,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:59:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

It is interesting that this error message appears on one show but the show that is just before it, on the same channel, does not have this message and gives all of the standard information.

I also found that if I log out of my account and just use the default account, the error message does not occur.  

This just started happening recently so I wonder if Uverse made some software changes that is effecting some accounts?

It is interesting that this error message appears on one show but the show that is just before it, on the same channel, does not have this message and gives all of the standard information.

I also found that if I log out of my account and just use the default account, the error message does not occur.  

This just started happening recently so I wonder if Uverse made some software changes that is effecting some accounts?

18 of 28 (1,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 5:14:04 PM
(0)
Scholar

ricnewman wrote:

What i found with mine is it seems like just local programming is affected. It doesn't seem to affect national programming. And it is only local channels that are affected.

ricnewman wrote:

What i found with mine is it seems like just local programming is affected. It doesn't seem to affect national programming. And it is only local channels that are affected.

19 of 28 (1,914 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 3:03:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

The web remote does work for me.  Also just today the ATT Uverse started working again.  I am not getting the error message on any channel.  When I was getting the error message before it was coming on CBS, NBC and ABC, etc.  But for now it looks like there is another site and for some reason it started working on the ATT site.

The web remote does work for me.  Also just today the ATT Uverse started working again.  I am not getting the error message on any channel.  When I was getting the error message before it was coming on CBS, NBC and ABC, etc.  But for now it looks like there is another site and for some reason it started working on the ATT site.

20 of 28 (1,860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 7:19:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem. I cannot select locally broadcast shows to record using my computer. I can select nationally broadcast shows to record. Also, all shows work correctly when using the Uverse app on my ipad.

I have the same problem. I cannot select locally broadcast shows to record using my computer. I can select nationally broadcast shows to record. Also, all shows work correctly when using the Uverse app on my ipad.

21 of 28 (1,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 1:31:54 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by lax01 on Oct 1, 2013 at 1:32:23 PM

The Web Remote worked for me...though the Search did not work when I specifically searched for Marvel's Agent's of SHIELD (which did not work on the latest Online Guide.

The Web Remote worked for me...though the Search did not work when I specifically searched for Marvel's Agent's of SHIELD (which did not work on the latest Online Guide.

[ Edited ]
22 of 28 (1,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 2:27:53 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

It seems quite a few of you are experiencing the same problem.

If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so that we can track this issue and find an acceptable solution.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, a brief description of the issue, and how long you've experienced it.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, everyone!

It seems quite a few of you are experiencing the same problem.

If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so that we can track this issue and find an acceptable solution.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, a brief description of the issue, and how long you've experienced it.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

23 of 28 (1,646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 10:07:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by viper5909 on Oct 3, 2013 at 10:31:17 AM

In a nutshell:

Cannot schedule recording Fox, NBC, ABC or CBS from my computer. When I click on the show I want to record, I get "Sorry, the show is not available for your local tv listings". Other channels work fine for recording.

This problem started a few weeks ago.

I can schedule recording those stations from the tv but not the computer.

I've rebooted hoping it would solve the problem, no joy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Edit:

I had posted this in the wrong section, had no idea a thread had already been started until my post was moved here.

Sorry for beating the deceased horse.

In a nutshell:

Cannot schedule recording Fox, NBC, ABC or CBS from my computer. When I click on the show I want to record, I get "Sorry, the show is not available for your local tv listings". Other channels work fine for recording.

This problem started a few weeks ago.

I can schedule recording those stations from the tv but not the computer.

I've rebooted hoping it would solve the problem, no joy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Edit:

I had posted this in the wrong section, had no idea a thread had already been started until my post was moved here.

Sorry for beating the deceased horse.

Unable To Record Certain Channels

[ Edited ]
24 of 28 (1,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 3:19:30 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by gofer6064 on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:21:04 PM

I have been in touch with CM people they know there is a problem and it is being worked on they are not sure how long it will take. They have seen the problem remotely, so they do have a clearer picture of the problem.

I have been in touch with CM people they know there is a problem and it is being worked on they are not sure how long it will take. They have seen the problem remotely, so they do have a clearer picture of the problem.

Re: Unable To Record Certain Channels

[ Edited ]
25 of 28 (1,503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 3:54:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Yes, it is the remote access that is the problem. You can set up on the TV. I was looking at the remote guide this afternoon & getting the not available to me. One of the channels had the red record button on it from my previous series setup. In fact, I think it was actually recording at the time.
Yes, it is the remote access that is the problem. You can set up on the TV. I was looking at the remote guide this afternoon & getting the not available to me. One of the channels had the red record button on it from my previous series setup. In fact, I think it was actually recording at the time.

Re: Unable To Record Certain Channels

26 of 28 (1,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 5:29:04 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for this link.  I have tried the past couple of days to record one of the shows on a local channel and couldn't.  This link works for me.  Another link mentioned http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/guide does work for my local channels.  

Thanks for this link.  I have tried the past couple of days to record one of the shows on a local channel and couldn't.  This link works for me.  Another link mentioned http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/guide does work for my local channels.  

27 of 28 (1,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 9:07:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

gaw531 wrote:

It now appears this problem has been fixed. The link quoted above now works at least in my part of the bay area it does, i  can now set the recordings on the dvr through tv listings on the dvr web site.

gaw531 wrote:

It now appears this problem has been fixed. The link quoted above now works at least in my part of the bay area it does, i  can now set the recordings on the dvr through tv listings on the dvr web site.

28 of 28 (1,268 Views)