Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 3, 2014
2:33:16 AM
View profile
Ongoing Billing Issue

I upgraded to U-verse in April and was told I would be paying a certain amount every month. I have spent countless hours on the phone with customer service due to the fact that my bills are nowhere near what I was quoted. Every time I speak to someone, they are polite and helpful but the issues keep happening. How can we resolve this? If I treated my customers like this, I wouldn't have any left! I need help!

I upgraded to U-verse in April and was told I would be paying a certain amount every month. I have spent countless hours on the phone with customer service due to the fact that my bills are nowhere near what I was quoted. Every time I speak to someone, they are polite and helpful but the issues keep happening. How can we resolve this? If I treated my customers like this, I wouldn't have any left! I need help!

Ongoing Billing Issue

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 6:25:30 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Eric Beach!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Eric Beach!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Ongoing Billing Issue

2 of 5 (338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 12:55:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

is it the first couple of bills, or has it been a few months already? I know the first couple of bills are higher due to installation charges and activation fees. 

is it the first couple of bills, or has it been a few months already? I know the first couple of bills are higher due to installation charges and activation fees. 

3 of 5 (285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 7:36:38 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 5, 2014 at 10:04:47 PM

It happened to me three times already.

As you must know by now the promotions only go on for a few months and sometimes for a year.

When your time is up, you have to spend countless hours on the phone or chatting. Usually by the end of the hour conversation you agreed with the third or fourth "service rep" you have spoken to.

Then you receive your next statement and surprise!!! Instead the bill went up as usual so you have to call again and nobody can find the contract you agreed to with the last rep you spoke.

No once, not twice, but three times.

By now I'm so upset thatn I'm willing to try Xfinity.

This honeymoon lasted about six months of good service. Since then service has gone downhill.

I had my DSL, Phone, TV Uverse 450 (not cheap) bundle for at least three years.

I can't no longer recomend Uverse because of its customer service.The product that I'm overpaying for is great.

Part of my last chat tonight:

Catherine: I don't have an option to help to in this situation.

Catherine: But I can help you with your bill.

Catherine: I have checked your bill in detail. you are billed without any promotional offer,

Catherine: That is why bill is too high.

CGOLD: back on March I spoke to Federico

CGOLD: he told me my bill will be 177 plus tax

CGOLD: he was wrong

CGOLD: you can see what i still paid after my promotion expired

CGOLD: it's like 70 more than what he said

Catherine: Yes. You are right.

Catherine: I apologize. You are not in a bundle offer now.

Catherine: You are paying the normal monthly bill now.

CGOLD: yes, but i agreed to a contract in march and att didn't met his part of that contract

Catherine: Let me check that for you.

CGOLD: one year contract from 3/15/14 to 3/14/15

CGOLD: where is that contract?

CGOLD: where is that recorded conversation

Catherine: I apologize. An order was placed on 03/13. But contract or bundle is not in that order. let me check what best I can do for you. Please allow me a moment to check this with my supervisor

CGOLD: this is not the first time this happens

Catherine: my supervisor would like to have a word with you to help you.

CGOLD: yes please,

Catherine: Please stay connected while I transfer this chat to her

CGOLD: thanks

Please wait while I transfer the chat to Winnie.

You are now chatting with Winnie.

Winnie: Hi

Winnie: Please give me a moment to go through your chat with Catherine.

Winnie: I request you to call  our customer relations department at 1.800.288.2020.

CGOLD: a 1 year contract from 3/15/14 3/14/15

Winnie: They are the authorized department to add bundle offers for our existing customers.

CGOLD: i spent one hour talking to mr federico

CGOLD: that department is closed

Winnie: I suggest you to call them tomorrow morning,

CGOLD: i don't want to know if it is a bundle or not. i need At&t to honor their part of the contract

CGOLD: i need two credits to my account

Winnie: there is no such orders or any records of it.

Winnie: please call them to check the offers.

CGOLD: so what At&t does with these orders?

CGOLD: why do i waste my time?

Winnie: as I said, there is no records of this offer.

Winnie: if you would like ot get that offer, please call the customer relations department.

Winnie: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

CGOLD: anything????

[edited for privacy]

It happened to me three times already.

As you must know by now the promotions only go on for a few months and sometimes for a year.

When your time is up, you have to spend countless hours on the phone or chatting. Usually by the end of the hour conversation you agreed with the third or fourth "service rep" you have spoken to.

Then you receive your next statement and surprise!!! Instead the bill went up as usual so you have to call again and nobody can find the contract you agreed to with the last rep you spoke.

No once, not twice, but three times.

By now I'm so upset thatn I'm willing to try Xfinity.

This honeymoon lasted about six months of good service. Since then service has gone downhill.

I had my DSL, Phone, TV Uverse 450 (not cheap) bundle for at least three years.

I can't no longer recomend Uverse because of its customer service.The product that I'm overpaying for is great.

Part of my last chat tonight:

Catherine: I don't have an option to help to in this situation.

Catherine: But I can help you with your bill.

Catherine: I have checked your bill in detail. you are billed without any promotional offer,

CGOLD: back on March I spoke to Federico

CGOLD: he told me my bill will be 177 plus tax

CGOLD: he was wrong

CGOLD: you can see what i still paid after my promotion expired

CGOLD: it's like 70 more than what he said

Catherine: Yes. You are right.

Catherine: I apologize. You are not in a bundle offer now.

Catherine: You are paying the normal monthly bill now.

CGOLD: yes, but i agreed to a contract in march and att didn't met his part of that contract

Catherine: Let me check that for you.

CGOLD: one year contract from 3/15/14 to 3/14/15

CGOLD: where is that contract?

CGOLD: where is that recorded conversation

Catherine: I apologize. An order was placed on 03/13. But contract or bundle is not in that order. let me check what best I can do for you. Please allow me a moment to check this with my supervisor

CGOLD: this is not the first time this happens

Catherine: my supervisor would like to have a word with you to help you.

CGOLD: yes please,

Catherine: Please stay connected while I transfer this chat to her

CGOLD: thanks

Please wait while I transfer the chat to Winnie.

You are now chatting with Winnie.

Winnie: Hi

Winnie: Please give me a moment to go through your chat with Catherine.

Winnie: I request you to call  our customer relations department at 1.800.288.2020.

CGOLD: a 1 year contract from 3/15/14 3/14/15

Winnie: They are the authorized department to add bundle offers for our existing customers.

CGOLD: i spent one hour talking to mr federico

CGOLD: that department is closed

Winnie: I suggest you to call them tomorrow morning,

CGOLD: i don't want to know if it is a bundle or not. i need At&t to honor their part of the contract

CGOLD: i need two credits to my account

Winnie: there is no such orders or any records of it.

Winnie: please call them to check the offers.

CGOLD: so what At&t does with these orders?

CGOLD: why do i waste my time?

Winnie: as I said, there is no records of this offer.

Winnie: if you would like ot get that offer, please call the customer relations department.

Winnie: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

CGOLD: anything????

[edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 9:05:03 PM
(0)
Employee
Billing department hours are Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm local time.
Any communication outside these hours will be with individuals who cannot assist.

Retentions department not SALES who are for new customers .. RETENTIONS for setting up new promotions for existing customers are till 7 pm.
Billing till 5 pm.
Billing department hours are Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm local time.
Any communication outside these hours will be with individuals who cannot assist.

Retentions department not SALES who are for new customers .. RETENTIONS for setting up new promotions for existing customers are till 7 pm.
Billing till 5 pm.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (246 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments