Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 25, 2013
4:35:12 PM
View profile
One-button closed captioning toggling

Requesting an enchancement that would allow the user to toggle closed captioning while viewing a channel or DVR recording by pressing one button such as one of the A/B/C buttons.

Requesting an enchancement that would allow the user to toggle closed captioning while viewing a channel or DVR recording by pressing one button such as one of the A/B/C buttons.

One-button closed captioning toggling

6 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 4:50:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
TJT1957 - Many would like to see that. If you have an IOS device, the app easy remote has a one button toggle. The rest of it is too complicated to have any value, but the CC is there.

If you are willing to compromise - assuming you are currently HD - Connect component - set aspect to widescreen SD - Use the CC in the TV.
TJT1957 - Many would like to see that. If you have an IOS device, the app easy remote has a one button toggle. The rest of it is too complicated to have any value, but the CC is there.

If you are willing to compromise - assuming you are currently HD - Connect component - set aspect to widescreen SD - Use the CC in the TV.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: One-button closed captioning toggling

2 of 7 (1,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 4:55:06 PM
(0)
Teacher

We are a dual-language household and CC in English helps some to be able to see the spoken word along with the sound.  When one person turns on the TV and wants CC on/off they must navigate through several levels to accomplish the task.  We have been doing this for about five years now and it's just tedious.  Uverse has long been on the cutting edge of customer enhancements and this would be a very helpful enhancement for those who use CC frequently.

We are a dual-language household and CC in English helps some to be able to see the spoken word along with the sound.  When one person turns on the TV and wants CC on/off they must navigate through several levels to accomplish the task.  We have been doing this for about five years now and it's just tedious.  Uverse has long been on the cutting edge of customer enhancements and this would be a very helpful enhancement for those who use CC frequently.

3 of 7 (1,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 5:01:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
TJT1957 - Are you familiar with the term "singing to the choir"??

You sound like a good candidate for my suggestions. Give them a try & let me know of you have any questions.
TJT1957 - Are you familiar with the term "singing to the choir"??

You sound like a good candidate for my suggestions. Give them a try & let me know of you have any questions.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (1,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 6:59:13 PM
(0)
Teacher
does not work for me
does not work for me

5 of 7 (589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 7:01:22 PM
(0)
Teacher

so, us android users are out of luck also?  Thanks for a half solution!

so, us android users are out of luck also?  Thanks for a half solution!

6 of 7 (589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 7:05:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

How about a real solution without work-arounds?  Seems At&t does not want to remedy this problem, they seem to not care about their customers? I think their programmers are capable of this!

How about a real solution without work-arounds?  Seems At&t does not want to remedy this problem, they seem to not care about their customers? I think their programmers are capable of this!

7 of 7 (587 Views)