On going TV service issues - freezing, dropped sound and pixelation

Contributor

On going TV service issues - freezing, dropped sound and pixelation

I have been having on going issues with my AT&T Uverse TV service. Lately the cable boxes get knocked off the "gateway" and I have to restart them to get a TV signal. In addition to this, the picture is freezing and pixelating and the sound drops. It seems to be fine for months, then I have several weeks of the TV feed getting worse and worse. I do have Technical Service coming out to the house this Thursday evening. This will be my 3rd on site visit since I had the service installed 3 years ago. Is anyone else having this issue? I am located in the Detroit Metro area.

PS I also find the on line trouble shooting to be very confusing and kind of irritating. After going through the website maze a few times, then trying to call for support I was fairly hot when I got a person on the phone. Then having to reboot the gateway and cable boxes for 4th time didn't make me any cheerier. LOL

Message 1 of 3 (412 Views)
Employee

Re: On going TV service issues - freezing, dropped sound and pixelation

What services do you have? TV only or TV internet together? Voip? Are the other services affected at time of TV issues?
Number of TVs? Do all have problem or just one? 3 year old service...no wifi STBs available them, so all hard connected coax or cat5?

Suspect you are on coax install, multiple TVs, older install.....uverse requirements for sync rate have changed from min 96 to now 112.
Either older RG 59 cable needs to be replaced with RG6....2) questionable coax ends, coax splitter, wall plates....3) RG flaky. 4) STB flaky

If issue is with older cable or ends the work is billable to replace unless you have the wire maintenance plan (monthly fee on bill)
If issue is with equipment RG or set top box NO charge to replace.

As normal billing would be $99 labor + $55 for each new wire run if have 3 TVs replace two STBs with WIFI STB ($49 each)
And move the DVR to shortest, cleanest coax or placed on cat5 Ethernet connection (preferred).

If more than three TVs will still need coax issues addressed.
If problem happens before Thursday, try just rebooting or factory resetting the RG only, if TVs come back need RG replaced (hpna turning off in RG)

Please post back with tech report after visit if resolved and how? Thank you in advance for your time on this. Best and hope this helps.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (378 Views)
Community Support

Re: On going TV service issues - freezing, dropped sound and pixelation

Hello @jmn48236 , did things go well with the technician that was scheduled? Please let us know if your issue was resolved and what was causing the problem. 

Thanks for your post! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (309 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.