On demand SUCKS!

Tutor

On demand SUCKS!

I know there are multiple posts about this, but I had to vent. I hate uverse's on demand. It lacks channels, its slow updating shows and its a rip off.

The other night I recorded the premier of Justified on FX. I didnt get around to watch it until today, but guess what, my awesome uverse dvr decided to just record 18 minutes of it. Why, I have no idea. So I think "ok that sucks, Ill watch it on demand". So I go to look on demand, but guess what? FX isnt even freaking listed as an available channel on demand. Really? Horrible! Also, not to mention no AMC. What a joke, these are major channels, how can you not have them?

Another issue, how slow they are to add the most recent shows. I have seen shows 2 or 3 weeks behind, which makes it impossible to catch up. I have also seen shows mislabled, meaning the episode doesnt match the descrption, its a totally different episode.

And whats with the lack of HD channels?? I dont know what tv package we have, but we get every channel in HD, but for whatever reason, the only HD on demand channels are the 4 majors. I am assuming you have to PAY MORE to get the rest of the channels on demand in HD, even though I get them all for tv? If so, what a freaking rip off. If they are simply not offered, thats pathetic. Either way its crap.

So if there is something I missed or want to check out on demand, its in standard def. Who wants to watch that?

I know what the response will be for this.... "if you dont like it switch providers". If I could I would. I moved in with a friend and he likes it apparently, its not up to me. I am in no way a Comcast lover... in fact I used to complain about it all the time. But wow.... the simple things I took for ganted. Every channel in HD, new shows showing up the very next day, easy quick menus. It would even have reruns, which was awesome. Like TBS on demand would have about 5-7 episodes of the big bang theory on at all times and would switch them every few weeks, which was awesome. Or past season catch up, entire seasons of shows. Uverse has nothing like that, its bare bones. I just dont understand how anyone could be possibly satisfied with this service.

Message 1 of 20 (7,391 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Re: On demand SUCKS!

[ Edited ]

I  like Uverse. By far the best service that I have ever had.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 20 (7,335 Views)
Scholar

I also like Uverse i do agree that the ondemand is lacking that's why i have Netflix and Amazon Prime .

Message 3 of 20 (7,317 Views)
ACE - Professor

I have amazon prime for teh 2 day shipping. The free videos is just gravy.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 20 (7,306 Views)
Highlighted

Get a Roku. Then you can get all the on demand you can even handle!
Message 5 of 20 (7,288 Views)
Contributor

Same thing happened to me.... only 18min of Justified recorded.  This has to be a system problem if it happened to multiple people for the exact same amt of time.  I agree, AT&T blows... this isn't the first time I've had a recording mysteriously chop off and never hear a peep from AT&T when I complain

Message 6 of 20 (7,180 Views)
Employee

pmacb23 wrote:

Same thing happened to me.... only 18min of Justified recorded.  This has to be a system problem if it happened to multiple people for the exact same amt of time.  I agree, AT&T blows... this isn't the first time I've had a recording mysteriously chop off and never hear a peep from AT&T when I complain

pmacb. It was a scheduling error caused by a human being who hit the wrong key when entering the start time. I apologise and hope you were able to record the episode during one of the many encores.

peep

Have a good weekend!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 20 (7,154 Views)
Tutor

There aren't "many replays" on "Justified". You can watch it for free on Hulu. If your laptop has HDMI out, you can put it on TV. Replays on FX Web site are NOT available to attUVERSE subscribers. And I agree that the "On Demand" "Free" lisltings are weak, especially for adults with IQs above 50. 

Message 8 of 20 (7,092 Views)
Tutor

You shouldn't have to pay a third party to watch shows that have run sometime within the past 12 months. I'm just another att screw-up away from going back to TimeWarner.

Message 9 of 20 (7,090 Views)
Tutor

You can watch the first episode of Justified on the FX website if you have Uverse internet. 

Message 10 of 20 (7,076 Views)
ACE - Professor

twobook wrote:

Replays on FX Web site are NOT available to attUVERSE subscribers.

That's funny, I just tried to watch some episodes from this season on their website and was able to do it once I logged in with my U-Verse id.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 11 of 20 (7,053 Views)

It's the networks that drive a lot of this.  ABC is now delaying online releases for new shows by 8 days unless you are a current pay tv subscriber.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 12 of 20 (7,012 Views)
Employee

It makes sense. Why would any content provider, give away their product for free? If you could cut the cord, and still watch network TV like normal, for free, what would be the point of having a pay TV service?

OMAHA!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 20 (7,002 Views)
ACE - Expert

Fox Mulder wrote:

It makes sense. Why would any content provider, give away their product for free? If you could cut the cord, and still watch network TV like normal, for free, what would be the point of having a pay TV service?

OMAHA!!

To finish that thought...

point of having a pay TV service who will pay the content provider for the right to retransmit the program on OnDemand, or on their own streaming service to their paying subscribers?

Message 14 of 20 (6,999 Views)

It's all about ratings and the mighty advertising $$$$ that it brings in.  Most advertisers look at L+3 whereas L+7 is becoming more of the norm.  Most advertisers realize that dvr'd shows are becoming more of the norm and will base the amount they will pay on 4 days from broadcast date. Networks will base the popularity of a show based on recorded plus 7 days which is how ABC came up with 8 day delay.  On demand content does neither the advertiser nor the network any good as they are not counted in the ratings or advertising.

Spoiler
Good thing Nielsen isn't in my house, there are times when I will record an entire season before watching a single episode. 
” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 15 of 20 (6,962 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.