Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 8, 2013
3:08:23 PM
View profile
Old!

Why will At&t not update their equipment once it gets so old and sluggish. My DVR locked up and needs to be replaced and they want to sent me the same make and model. At some point when they get to be more then 5 years old the ought to throw them in the trash! Not to mention everything I'm loosing that's recorded.

Why will At&t not update their equipment once it gets so old and sluggish. My DVR locked up and needs to be replaced and they want to sent me the same make and model. At some point when they get to be more then 5 years old the ought to throw them in the trash! Not to mention everything I'm loosing that's recorded.

Old!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 5:23:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Unless there is a fault with the hard drive, these units normally don't get sluggish as they age, though apparently some of them do need to be rebooted occasionally to free up and defragment memory.

As AT&T has over 5 million of these boxes installed now, they are reluctant to just throw them out.  Most cable providers are still using early digital cable boxes that are older than the U-verse set tops.

Unless there is a fault with the hard drive, these units normally don't get sluggish as they age, though apparently some of them do need to be rebooted occasionally to free up and defragment memory.

As AT&T has over 5 million of these boxes installed now, they are reluctant to just throw them out.  Most cable providers are still using early digital cable boxes that are older than the U-verse set tops.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Old!

2 of 3 (240 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 12:44:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ej1111: As Jeffer said, the equipment is normally not the issue.  It is the install that often goes haywire.  Bad grounding, faulty diplexors, loose connections and such create the issues, not bad equipment.  Please send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you, to determine if it is an equipment or signal / line issue.

ej1111: As Jeffer said, the equipment is normally not the issue.  It is the install that often goes haywire.  Bad grounding, faulty diplexors, loose connections and such create the issues, not bad equipment.  Please send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you, to determine if it is an equipment or signal / line issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Old!

3 of 3 (190 Views)